PDA

View Full Version : Kodak DX7590 vs DX6490

zao
11-19-2004, 03:36 PM
HI...
I am interested in buying a kodak digital camera because of how easy it is to use and print pics. However, I am having a hard time deciding between the DX7590 or the DX6490. I will be photographing our toddler, who moves FAST.I will be taking pictures for photo albums and I will be cropping a lot. I would also like the option to enlarge pics as well. It seems like the 6490 has better reviews, however, the 6490 seems to be kind of slow in overall speed (ie, shutter, turning on, etc). And, I really dont want to miss great pic opportunities b/c the camera is slow. (I have that problem now with my film camera) The 7590 seems to be faster, but the reviews aren't that great on image-resource, and other sites. Can anyone offer some advice or personal experience about which one of these is better? I would truly appreciate it. Or, if you have other recommendations, I"m open.
Thanks...

efg40
11-23-2004, 05:29 PM
Hi Zao,
I was having the same dilemma! It seemed I could better afford the 6490, and it is a very good camera. But I was able to find better deals online for the 7590, and it has some improvements I appreciate. (Better on/off switch, more presets, faster shot-to-shot time, etc.) The 7590 usually included the dock, which I wanted, and once I added it to the 6490 (which does not include it) it would cost the same or even more. Had to go for the 7590!

Also, have you checked them out in person? I really liked the feel of the 7590 and its features.

HOWEVER, I do not have the camera yet, so I cannot say if I made the right choice. I will let ya know :) According to most owners of both, you'd be happy either way.

Elizabeth