PDA

View Full Version : K10D preview

eduardofrances
09-14-2006, 10:16 AM
It was about time that pentax started to grow with their costumers, While I use Nikon, I think pentax move to realease a semi pro camera is helpful for all brands as this will start a price war between pentax, canon, nikon and sony (but I doubt sony will survive this venture) And all the brands will start an interesting pushing on technologies limits!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0609/06091305pentaxk10dpreviewed.asp this ought to be interesting I won't comment WOAH the (enter model or brand) is better!!!, this is solely for the interest of the market war that draws near :) and to share the info with you

Ciao!

FLiPMaRC
09-14-2006, 10:42 AM
:cool: DCR also has a preview :D

http://www.dcresource.com/news/newsitem.php?id=3384

Jason25
09-14-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm a Nikon guy as well, but this looks like a fantastic camera. I can't wait to see what it can really do :) Gotta hand it to Pentax for really stepping up their game! I'm anxious to see these "supersonic" lenses mentioned as well.

Jeff Keller
09-14-2006, 01:10 PM
:cool: DCR also has a preview :D

http://www.dcresource.com/news/newsitem.php?id=3384

Ha... even I won't call that a preview. Phil actually got his hands on it for a few days... I'm still working on that part.

CptOfGondor
09-14-2006, 07:00 PM
*shakes fist at Phil. LoL jk. can't wait for the next Imaging and Photogrpahy show. A little chance for Canadians to check out some kool cameras.

So weird when you think about it. Events like those and Photokina...Cameras..taking pictures of..cameras. LoL.

eduardofrances
09-14-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm a Nikon guy as well, but this looks like a fantastic camera. I can't wait to see what it can really do :) Gotta hand it to Pentax for really stepping up their game! I'm anxious to see these "supersonic" lenses mentioned as well.

Yeap in the paper looks pretty awesome, I wouldnt switch brands, but the competition between the 10mpx $1,000 cameras will be very interesting :) I love free market ;)

What puzzles me is the fact that while the camera has weather seals there will be only a handful of lenses that will complement the seal in the lens mount, so the PR of pentax is kind of misleading as you would need lenses that have the weather seal for the lens mount, (the part of the PR where it says that the camera will work without a problem under the rain) I dont think it will work with every lens....

krzkrzkrz
09-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Loved the specs described in this model. I hope the ISO levels will match up to the XTi's.

Highly considering this one :)

Rhys
09-15-2006, 07:32 AM
I'm not so keen on tha RAW button and the move away from AA but do like the following:

Selectable RAW format (PEF / DNG)
The K10D is the first digital SLR to provide both the manufacturer specified RAW format (in this case Pentax PEF) and also the 'standard' Adobe created DNG format.

Jason25
09-15-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm not so keen on tha RAW button and the move away from AA but do like the following:
Really? I think the RAW button is a great idea. I mostly shoot jpg for now, but when I know I want a RAW shot, I hate digging through menus.

jeisner
09-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Really? I think the RAW button is a great idea. I mostly shoot jpg for now, but when I know I want a RAW shot, I hate digging through menus.

Agreed seems like a very handy feature..

Rhys
09-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Personally, I tend to shoot everything in RAW. I'd love to shoot everything in DNG though.

Peleg
09-16-2006, 10:04 AM

...I wonder if the new ones coming out will be comparable to Canons L lenses or Nikons pro ones? How does the Pentax 16-45mm stand up when compared to the Canon L series?

Rex914
09-16-2006, 11:23 PM
...I wonder if the new ones coming out will be comparable to Canons L lenses or Nikons pro ones? How does the Pentax 16-45mm stand up when compared to the Canon L series?

The 16-45 is equivalent to the 17-40L. It does not have the super focusing ability or the premium build, but it costs several hundred less at $400 (or $300 after the rebate that expires on October 11th). It's a steal for $300.

As for the other lenses, they will be on par, specs-wise, to other professional grade lenses but will carry high price tags.

Reps
09-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Why? Simply I trust Pentax from the film days- and not only- have had their compacts from Optio S. And now using K100D and very-very happy: as You say the best bang etc... And in all of my trust preordered K10D- and yeah I know I WILL like it- maybe too optimistic but there is always e-bay etc. but I can never miss such a trusty companion (not company!) for me (OK slightly lying, Casio Z750 is my best friend :-) - always in my pocket... I hate to miss a shot!)
Anyway, best and happy shooting, JR

KFrog
09-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Yeap in the paper looks pretty awesome, I wouldnt switch brands, but the competition between the 10mpx $1,000 cameras will be very interesting

I was looking at the K100D and the D50 for my first dSLR but now I'm having second thoughts with the new 10 mp K10D and D80 coming out. Not so much for the extra 4 mp and a few hundred bucks but for the added features, and in the case of the D80, larger LCD screen. I think the battle of the 10mp pro-sumer level dSLR will definitly be fun to watch in the next few months.

I find I'm leaning towards the K10D mainly because of the shake reduction feature.

Pentax seems to be the red-headed step-child of the dSLR's but I think that may start to change for some people. Also I would think because of their lack of popularity their lenses might be more available and not on back order as long and as much as Nikon and Canon. Correct me if I'm wrong.:confused:

bowman
09-21-2006, 03:28 AM
If for no other reason , the K10D has professional level weather sealing with 72 gaskets - about the same as the canon 1ds MK II - at this price that is a great buy incentive