PDA

View Full Version : TZ1 problems with Transcend 150x Cards?

persianhawk
09-06-2006, 01:48 PM
hello. I finally bought the Panasonic TZ1. Got it about a week ago. Bought two Transcend 2GB 150x memory cards to go along with it.

But I've recently noticed a problem when I take movies. It looks like there's a power surge when filming. The picture is not clear at all and there appears to be interference.

I was convinced that the problem was with my camera and was about to return it when someone suggested it might be the memory card. When I took a movie without the card under the same conditions as before, the picture was crystal clear.

So my questions are: has anyone else had a problem with the Transcend cards? Should I try the other Transcend card or is it likely to have the same outcome? Can this problem be solved by switching down to a Transcend 1GB 80x card? If not, what memory card do you recommend.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-- P.

Dmares
09-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Hi Persianhawk

I am using the TRanscend 150x 2GB myself and have no such problems. Transcend has one of the best controllers on the card.
What you should try first is:
Try a other card from somebody else to shoot an example
try the other Transcend card

If the problem occurs on all the cards it points to the camre being at fault. If the other Transcend or if the other SD card deliver clear video it is the SD card and Transcend will replace it.

I myself took videos with the Transcend and they are all clear:
http://dmares.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album19&page=4

Cheers
Dennis

hello. I finally bought the Panasonic TZ1. Got it about a week ago. Bought two Transcend 2GB 150x memory cards to go along with it.

But I've recently noticed a problem when I take movies. It looks like there's a power surge when filming. The picture is not clear at all and there appears to be interference.

I was convinced that the problem was with my camera and was about to return it when someone suggested it might be the memory card. When I took a movie without the card under the same conditions as before, the picture was crystal clear.

So my questions are: has anyone else had a problem with the Transcend cards? Should I try the other Transcend card or is it likely to have the same outcome? Can this problem be solved by switching down to a Transcend 1GB 80x card? If not, what memory card do you recommend.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-- P.

genece
09-07-2006, 07:00 AM
Have you formatted the card in the camera.....there are many people that recommend formatting every time you transfer photos.