PDA

View Full Version : Casio EX-P600

da_kid
11-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Is this a good investment? what are the pros and cons of this camera? Thanks!

cascam
12-09-2004, 06:21 PM
Your query is too vague to answer in full other than to point you to the lengthy review on this site :rolleyes: , but, though my first P600's 2 inch LCD leaked air somehow and needed returning to base, the replacement has been fine so far. The camera has dropped a bit in price since the P700 was launched, so is now excellent comparative value. It has been snipped by 50 [approx. $100) in the UK since October. :D The only things griping me are that the manual is a PDF [Acrobat] file on the accompanying CD and has a small page format. :mad: and the camera comes with no case at all. Buying one immediately is a MUST! The LOWEPRO Z10 is excellent, 10 in the UK, it is a good fit, has a shoulder strap and holds spare battery and SD card too. If they had included an A4 version of the manual, I would have printed it, and ideally, it would be a WORD document. But I don't fancy a run of 247 sheets of paper using the small pages of this .pdf document, which was created in Pagemaker. Having said that, the CD manual is comprehensive. The features of the P600 require mastering to get the full benefits beyond AUTO mode, and I'm still working through them. But AUTO wise, it does well enough. If I'd been willing to spend more, the Olympus C8080 was a contender. At the present price, though, the Casio is useful and performs well. In the final analysis, it's all down to the photographer, and you have to make a rational choice. This is unlikely to be the last camera you ever own, I reckon, and is up there with the better ones. :)