PDA

View Full Version : Corel PSP X user

a race fan
08-29-2006, 02:49 PM
I did a search in this forum and came up empty... also searched the web a bit.

Is there a way to re-size images in a batch, or multiple images at once?
I can't seem to find it and just may be looking for the wrong thing, such as wording...

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

JTL
09-03-2006, 02:53 AM
Note: Instructions have been edited.

Take a deep breath. Follow carefully...

Open the image that you want to use as the basis for your script/batch actions. Go to View, then select Toolbars, then check the Script toolbar. You will now see the Script Toolbar on the screen. Click the Start Script Recording button. Record your actions and name and save the script. Under My Documents the script should have been created in the My PSP Files in the Scripts-Restricted directory. Move the file to the Scripts-Trusted directory. Now, go to the File menu and select Batch Process. Use the Browse button to find and select all of the image files you wish to run the script on and add them to the list. Click the Use Script check box and select your script from the drop-down box. In the Save Options section, make sure you choose the output file type and destination folder. There are many options for this dialog box...choose what you need in addition to what I've stated. When you're ready, click the Start button. The script actions will be performed for all of the image files in the list.

This process will work for any script in version 10.03.

If any any reason, your script won't run or stops at a point where a button press would be required, try the following steps: On the Script Toolbar, select your script from the drop-down box. Now select Edit Script and click on the Text Editor button. In your script, everywhere you see ((10,0,3),1), change it to ((9,0,0),1) instead. Save the file.

When using the upgrade from version 9, the above may be necessary.

Good Luck!

a race fan
09-03-2006, 06:24 PM
(exhaling)

Thank You very much, I will try it next time I have some images I need re-sized.

JTL
09-04-2006, 04:49 AM
(exhaling)

Thank You very much, I will try it next time I have some images I need re-sized.You are most welcome.

But, don't just use scripts and the batch function for resizing...use it for everything where you need to repeat tasks, whether on individual or sets of images...

Stoller
09-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Good instructions, but this concerns me,

everywhere you see ((10,0,3),1), change it to ((9,0,0),1) instead (this has to be done because there is a BUG in the script processor!).

I have never had to edit any script when I batch process with PSP X?

I batch process resizing 50 or more pictures at a time with no problems...

When creating a script to resize images, the Script may not function properly on images that have a different aspect ratio or orientation.

I always start with the same size image, process landscape and portrait seperately, maybe that has something to do with it?

JTL
09-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Good instructions, but this concerns me,

I have never had to edit any script when I batch process with PSP X?

I batch process resizing 50 or more pictures at a time with no problems...

When creating a script to resize images, the Script may not function properly on images that have a different aspect ratio or orientation.

I always start with the same size image, process landscape and portrait seperately, maybe that has something to do with it?What exact version are you running? Was it an "upgrade" form version 9?

It may be due to an errant registry entry in my configuration. I upgraded from version 9...the v. X upgrade requires you to leave 9 installed and this may be at the root of my issue...I will dig deeper and if this is the case, I will amend my instructions above.

Thank you!

Stoller
09-04-2006, 04:44 PM
No upgrade, Version 10.