PDA

View Full Version : buying a IST DL- 2 lens kit

1ajs
08-24-2006, 11:34 PM
buy IST DL- 2 lens kit so excited my first dslr almost went for the e500 but the price was right. sweet so sweet put 400$ down due to a daly withdral limit ugg:mad:

is it worth geting the 2 lens kit?

pas49ras
08-25-2006, 11:35 PM
buy IST DL- 2 lens kit so excited my first dslr almost went for the e500 but the price was right. sweet so sweet put 400$ down due to a daly withdral limit ugg

is it worth geting the 2 lens kit?

Yes it is...I just got a K1OOD with the 18-55mm kit lens with thoughts of using a old Sigma 28-200mm zoom I had from my film days but after seeing how lightweight the kit lens is I've been shopping around for the Pentax 50-200 already.

jeisner
08-26-2006, 01:52 AM
I think gettinng the 2 lens kit is a good idea to start with... it gives you a good range..

Give it time and see what you really need before you upgrade to any other lenses..

1ajs
08-27-2006, 08:10 AM
ya i wound up buying the 2 lens kit after tax's the price difference was only 50$ cdn

so far i am happy

took this with my 18-55 and cropped it
http://www.pointdouglas.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/201.jpg

took it from a moving car going 60kmph in continious shot mode man i love that feature
but i had always wanted to get that view of the skyline from the Narin over pass... goes over some rail lines

took this but its way to dark.... was in auto mode still figuring out were all the settings are for manual.. slowly reading my manual for my camera
http://www.pointdouglas.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/196.jpg

then theres this macow i did with the 18-55mm. something that i need is some sorta macro lens now
http://www.pointdouglas.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/189.jpg

learning my camera as i go experimenting with diffrent settings

but one thing i ran into yesterday is my batteries died on me and i wound up spending 15$ on battieres that did not work bah when i got home i started testing batteries and found the no name brad from superstore work but the duricel don't what the %$^@...... yet there the same voltage my dad got out the meeter and we tested them was all 1.5v but they were all the same could not find a difference between the brands bah o well least i know if i need batteries i can stop at super store (stupid store) and buy a 40 pack for 14$ and they will work :)
what a waste of 15$

jeisner
08-27-2006, 05:06 PM
I would suggest buying some NiMH 2500+ batteries and a charger.. much more economical in the long run... and they tend to last longer than alkalines...

1ajs
08-27-2006, 09:39 PM
ya i have thoughs recharchable batteries...... just if they die i know what i have for options when i am out and about. :D

what are the cr-v3x2 bateries mention on the botem are they recharchable?
are they any good and whats the price for them?

Rex914
08-27-2006, 10:29 PM
ya i have thoughs recharchable batteries...... just if they die i know what i have for options when i am out and about. :D
Buy two sets of rechargeable batteries, so you always have a spare set. It'll save you money, they last far longer than normal alkalines and it's environmentally sound. I have one of the 15-minute chargers, and its so convenient to have a new set of batteries ready so quickly. :)