PDA

View Full Version : Dust problems

WightWalker
08-18-2006, 12:29 PM
No matter how careful you are, dust will eventually get onto the CCD & when it does, it's a tad annoying 'cause you only really discover it after a day's shoot & all the shots have this splodge which appears in the same place.

It's worse with light sky shots which are relatively easy to post process.

I 've only used a 'puffer' brush (less the brush) to set rid of the offending foreign body but it's not necessarily as easy as it might appear.

To check that all has been removed, take a shot of the sky or a light subject and check it out in a graphics package.

However, it's not always easy to spot less dense pieces of dust/fluff etc which can show up when the image is digitally resized during editing.

For the time being, I'm steering clear of cleaning agents that are on the market.

I do envy Olympus users with their ultrasonic cleaners.

I've also noticed that several dots on the viewing screen which are just impossible to remove & have concluded that these are inside the pentaprism. Whilst these do not appear on the image, it's just annoying.

pagnamenta
08-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Is there a question hidden in there?

jeisner
08-18-2006, 04:52 PM
I do envy Olympus users with their ultrasonic cleaners.

Not perfect either as a read an A100 review which they showed a few dust spots still.. Though better.. Personally I just check (blue sky or white wall method) every month or two and use the copperhill method to clean... works perfectly... for me...

I've also noticed that several dots on the viewing screen which are just impossible to remove & have concluded that these are inside the pentaprism. Whilst these do not appear on the image, it's just annoying.

This is on the focus screen not in the prism, well was for me... Disadvantage of removable screens.. Just remove the screen, be very carefull to not touch the surface or scratch it, and just use a blower to blow dust off it, and carefully put it back in.. the dust may be on the bottom of the prism? when you take the screen out use the blower in there too (where it was)..