PDA

View Full Version : picturing in the dark with picturing in dark with aiptek's pocketdv 3500

y.shippin
11-14-2004, 10:31 AM
yeah i know it was a big mistake but i boughtAiptek's picketDV 3500 (http://www.aiptek.com.tw/english/product/dv/dv3500.htm)
(i had a very limited budget and it was only 100$)

anyway soon after i bought it i saw that it cant picture in dark, not even shade. :(

anyway, anyone has any tips on how can i picture in the dark with it.
most of the pictures i want to take are in the dark....

thanks ahead.

Rhys
11-14-2004, 11:28 AM
yeah i know it was a big mistake but i boughtAiptek's picketDV 3500 (http://www.aiptek.com.tw/english/product/dv/dv3500.htm)
(i had a very limited budget and it was only 100$)

anyway soon after i bought it i saw that it cant picture in dark, not even shade. :(

anyway, anyone has any tips on how can i picture in the dark with it.
most of the pictures i want to take are in the dark....

thanks ahead.

Is this the same psuedo camcorder that I just saw in Best Buy or Circuit City for $88?

I'm amazed people don't just buy a cheap camcorder instead - they're only $125 for the cheapest!

Nick
11-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Well, I hate to say it but this is a trashy 'camcorder' and you're trying to take photo stills with it, you're out of luck; you can't. A decent Sony HI-8 handycam goes on ebay for about 130 or so, very cheap and you would have gotten fine video. Like Rhys implied - I'm amazed people buy these things in general.

y.shippin
11-15-2004, 11:04 AM
i know this is a trashy camera a lil late for that :(

but im talking about any tips how to lighten up the pictures.

Nick
11-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Import then into photoshop, try something with levels/contrast adjustment. To lighten 'em up you'll need post processing. With the starting point quality of the photos, I'm not sure what you could get. Want to email me a photo and see what I can do?

y.shippin
11-16-2004, 04:17 AM
i know about photoshop. but nevermind. i guss there isent anyway to lighten up photos.

thanks anyway

Rhys
11-16-2004, 08:52 AM
Is it too late to go back to the shop and get a refund?