PDA

View Full Version : E-300 Card Error Help

jgale1
08-13-2006, 11:24 AM
I purchased a E-300 last year. In the last week, I am now unable to download any pictures using an USB connection. Olympus Master just states no USB camera found. Sometimes when I turn on the camera there is a "card Error" message in the bottom right hand corner. I took the camera to shop and they tried a different card and received the same message. I re formatted the card last night and still unable to download. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.:eek:

Rick M
08-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Sounds more like a computer problem rather than a camera problem to me. Have you tried to read the card directly from a card reader, instead of through the camera?

jgale1
08-13-2006, 06:14 PM
I think that will be our next step. The strange thing is the camera shows "card error" at times. We tried a different card and again at times we get the error message.

Rick M
08-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Let us know what happens. I've got an E300 myself and have never had any card problems whatsoever.

Norm in Fujino
08-13-2006, 11:15 PM
Personally, I would:
1. avoid using Master for those tasks--or any tasks for that matter; the only thing I use Master for is rare developing when I want to experiment with a different RAW developer from my regular one (Silkypix) for comparisons of noise handling)
2. avoid downloading from the camera using any means;
3. Use a dedicated USB card reader; it's many times faster and safer. No odd commands or buttons to set, no worry about batteries going down in the middle of the download; just use Windows Explorer to treat the USB reader as another drive, and move the photos to the desired drive on your computer.