PDA

View Full Version : I'm alive!

Jake Conner
11-12-2004, 09:01 AM
For those who were wondering if I'd died, dropped off the face of the earth, or what (yeah, right, you didn't even notice I was gone, did you? ;) ), I do indeed still exist, I've just been insanely busy. I'm less busy now, so I should have time to be here at least occasionally. Anyway... hi agian, everyone!

Jake

PS: By the way, in case anyone cares, my gallery site is now online at http://www.starflower-studios.com. Pay me a visit, I'd appreciate any comments (either on things I should change when I customize the design more or on the photography).

John_Reed
11-12-2004, 09:07 AM
For those who were wondering if I'd died, dropped off the face of the earth, or what (yeah, right, you didn't even notice I was gone, did you? ;) ), I do indeed still exist, I've just been insanely busy. I'm less busy now, so I should have time to be here at least occasionally. Anyway... hi agian, everyone!

Jake

PS: By the way, in case anyone cares, my gallery site is now online at http://www.starflower-studios.com. Pay me a visit, I'd appreciate any comments (either on things I should change when I customize the design more or on the photography).I couldn't seem to access your website ("Safari can't access the server" message), but that's probably temporary, right? Are you still shooting that archaic Fuji s602, or did you upgrade to something more modern? ;)

Jake Conner
11-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Works fine on Safari from here... anyone else having trouble accessing it? And yes, I've still got the S602... I'll probably keep it until I can afford a 20D. It works fine for almost anything, and I've got the Graflex and my scanner for when I need resolution out the arse.

Jake

Rhys
11-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Works fine on Safari from here... anyone else having trouble accessing it? And yes, I've still got the S602... I'll probably keep it until I can afford a 20D. It works fine for almost anything, and I've got the Graflex and my scanner for when I need resolution out the arse.

Jake

That's pretty much my opinion - 3mp is fine for 99% of things. For something really special then a larger format film is preferable.

Jake Conner
11-13-2004, 06:58 AM
Crap, Rhys agrees with me. I guess I do need a new camera. ;)

Nick
11-13-2004, 10:16 AM
Hi Jake!

Will certainly take a look at your website and leave a few comments here and there.

'm back from the dead too! ( if anyone recalls me ) :)

D70FAN
11-13-2004, 06:49 PM
Hi Jake!

Will certainly take a look at your website and leave a few comments here and there.

'm back from the dead too! ( if anyone recalls me ) :)

Looks like it's old home week at DCRP. Glad you guys are back. Where the heck is Andy? Actually I heard from him a few weeks ago, and he's doing fine. Getting ready for retirement and hitting the road in Gertie.

Jake, I would think you would be looking at the S3 instead of the 20D. What about dynamic range, and etc. I was goofing around with an S2 a couple of weeks ago and agree that for whites and shadows it does make a little difference.

Don't let Rhys agreeing with you throw you off. He often does that just to scare the hell out of you. ;)

Starflower works fine using WE. Keep in touch.

Dave Dilks
11-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Welcome back, Jake.

Nice photos of Pictured Rocks! Makes me want to dig out my 20+ year old slides of our first trip there and digitize them.