PDA

View Full Version : digital camera for action pictures

ecgarney
07-20-2004, 03:06 PM
What camera (brand, model, etc) would anyone out there recommend for taking action shots (basketball, etc)? AND what should I be looking for in a digital camera for this purpose? I currently have an Olympus C 3030 and I think it takes great photos, but is very slow....

Aaron
07-20-2004, 03:15 PM
I know what you're talking about.

Shutter lag is the problem you're having, and it drives me up the wall, not only for action shots, but simply taking pictures of people. If they you click when they are smiling, then your picture should damn well still have them smiling.

Unfortunatly, this seems to be unavoidable in lower end digital cameras. Shutter lag on dSLRs are next to nothing, and the more high end cameras are faster.

Right now I'm looking at the Olympus C-5060, which someone in a store said had pretty good shutter lag for the price.

I don't know if that's the best cheeper camera out there for shutter lag, but I'd like to know what people think is the best cameras for shutter lag too.

D70FAN
07-20-2004, 09:49 PM
C'mon, the 3030 is 4 year old technology. Of course it's slow. Even dSLR's of that timeframe were slow.

The best cameras for shutter lag are dSLR's. Even the lowest cost dSLR is very fast.

The 5060W is a nice camera with pretty good speed. Give it a try at your local camera store. The wide angle feature will definately come in handy with kids. Especially around Christmas. :)

Pheonyx
08-06-2004, 02:25 PM
I would buy a DSLR or the Sony f828. Depends on what u understand by fast. I'm quite satisfied with the 0,18sec lag when prefocused on my Oly765 ;)