PDA

View Full Version : wierd sounds! is it normal?

markpb93
07-20-2004, 10:04 AM
I bought my camera Canon PowerShot a75 a couple of weeks ago and im having a great time with this gadget.. however, everytime i turned on the camera its making that wierd sounds i think its on the lenses? when i zoom in and zoom out i hear the same sound again... :eek:

i have a canon ELPH LT 260 film camera it does not make weird sound when i turned the power and use the zoom :cool:

do u guys think something wrong with lenses? is it normal? or something wrong the camera itself! :(

ingo.boltz
08-03-2004, 10:21 AM
I have had the same problem! Anyone out there who can help? Do I better run and get my camera changed?

Thanks and cheers,
Ingo

D70FAN
08-03-2004, 11:19 AM
I bought my camera Canon PowerShot a75 a couple of weeks ago and im having a great time with this gadget.. however, everytime i turned on the camera its making that wierd sounds i think its on the lenses? when i zoom in and zoom out i hear the same sound again... :eek:

i have a canon ELPH LT 260 film camera it does not make weird sound when i turned the power and use the zoom :cool:

do u guys think something wrong with lenses? is it normal? or something wrong the camera itself! :(

What do you mean by "wierd sounds"?

As a test, go to a camera store and try their A75. If it makes the same noises then it's probably normal. In all of the times I have used the A75, I did not notice "abnormal" noises.

All cameras are different, and some are more vocal (noisier) than others. If your pictures are comming out well focused, and the sound is not a grinding sound (like unlubricated or jammed gears) AND the camera in the store makes the same sounds, then it's probably ok.

Let us know.

MiKe
08-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Well,ive been looking into this camera a lot lately(reviews and such) and ive found that it is known to make some noises..and the reviews say you can change the noises/mute them....just look at the review here,its a good review,lots of info,i dont have one myself...yet....so i cant tell you how to change the sounds/mute them...but check out

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_a75-review/index.shtml

its from this site,written by Jeff Keller DCRP founder/editor... it says in the setup menu it has these options and more. Mute (on/off) - turn off those annoying beep sounds!
Volume
Startup volume (Off, 1-5)
Operation volume (Off, 1-5)
Self-timer volume (Off, 1-5)
Shutter volume (Off, 1-5)
Playback volume (Off, 1-5)

bpfirst
08-29-2004, 01:17 PM
I have heard similar sounds too, just what i hear are these:

sounds like a very low flash sound when i change the object I am shooting from a bright to a dark object. i guess the lenses are changing focus or something but did not expect it to make a noise, also during this "change" the screen takes time to "settle" at the new object.

Any similar experiences !

Thanks,
BP

LoveOfSelene
08-29-2004, 03:32 PM
I have heard similar sounds too, just what i hear are these:

sounds like a very low flash sound when i change the object I am shooting from a bright to a dark object. i guess the lenses are changing focus or something but did not expect it to make a noise, also during this "change" the screen takes time to "settle" at the new object.

Any similar experiences !

Thanks,
BP

"sounds like a very low flash sound when i change the object I am shooting from a bright to a dark object" that should be the aperture getting smaller or bigger, smaller wen dark to light, bigger wen light to dark

tech70
08-29-2004, 06:29 PM
"I bought my camera Canon PowerShot a75 a couple of weeks ago and im having a great time with this gadget.. however, everytime i turned on the camera its making that wierd sounds i think its on the lenses? when i zoom in and zoom out i hear the same sound again..."

I bought Canon S60 few days back and I had the same problem ...when I zoom in & out ....it used to make some wheel/motor spinning sound.
I called B&H and they said call Canon. When I called Canon.....that representative picked up another Canon S60 and after testing he said its normal and and the camera is focusing. I was relieved and then I happened to go to B&H for buying Camera Acessories. And there also I tested another Canon S60 and that also was making the same sound.
Well you can go to a store and test for yourself....
Hope this helps...!!!!