PDA

View Full Version : dust?

stephe
11-09-2004, 05:11 PM
hi, my D-70 just arrived! haven't turn it on yet, still charging the battery
but as I put on the DX lens and look through the viewfinder , I saw everything is blurry and dark, even when I point it to a lightsource it felt like there's a layer of dirt between the lense and the viewfinder.
So, I'm tempted to clean this thing but afraid i might scratch any costly thing
any advice is greatly appreciated thanks!

D70FAN
11-09-2004, 10:28 PM
hi, my D-70 just arrived! haven't turn it on yet, still charging the battery
but as I put on the DX lens and look through the viewfinder , I saw everything is blurry and dark, even when I point it to a lightsource it felt like there's a layer of dirt between the lense and the viewfinder.
So, I'm tempted to clean this thing but afraid i might scratch any costly thing
any advice is greatly appreciated thanks!

There is nothing wrong with your camera! don't do anything until the battery is charged and in the camera!!!

Without power the camera is not functional and cannot reasonably display an image.

Hopefully you bought an extra battery(?). Anyway it should be charged enough to check the camera by now.

stephe
11-10-2004, 05:07 PM
hmm... interesting.

I have decided not to touch anything until I put in the battery and move the switch to on and and while doing that, I was looking at the viewfinder and I can see the dark layer goes away at the instant i turn it on.
and now that layer never come back even when the camera is off
hmm

D70FAN
11-10-2004, 09:42 PM
hmm... interesting.

I have decided not to touch anything until I put in the battery and move the switch to on and and while doing that, I was looking at the viewfinder and I can see the dark layer goes away at the instant i turn it on.
and now that layer never come back even when the camera is off
hmm

No mystery. That is normal initialization. It is also how you can tell the camera is new. Now you are ready to go.

Have fun. Oh, and read the manual...

... also reading the reviews will help you to understand the controls, and features.

utgaard
11-19-2004, 05:45 PM
Your camera has an internal battery as well that needs to be charged. This battery once charged, is kept charged by your other battery. This is why the date and time doesn't change whenever your other battery is removed to be charged. I think I make it sound more complicated than it is.