PDA

View Full Version : Casio EX-P600 not recognised by Scanner & Camera Wizard

pdevon
11-09-2004, 08:46 AM
I've just bought a Casio EX-P600 and it's great. Only downside is that downloading the images to my computer is such a pain. The camera is not recognised by Windows XP Camera and Scanner Wizard, and the PhotoLoader software that came with the camera is pathetic.

Does anyone know how to get the Camera and Scanner Wizard software to recognise the Casio EX-P600? I used to have a Casio QV-R4 and it worked fine with the Camera and Scanner Wizard. When I try to manually add the camera using Camera and Scanner Wizard, it searches for a .inf file which was not provided with the camera. I've searched the net and not found anything. Does anyone know what goes in a .inf file to identify the camera? Perhaps I could create one myself.

Alternatively, does anyone know any other software I could use to download photos from my camera?

Pamela.

cleouk
11-11-2004, 03:20 AM
Hi Pamela,

Can't help you with the camera and scanner wizard, and you're right in saying photoloader is #$#%$#. We've been Using Paint shop photo album for all our work with our EX-600 and that have worked very well!!

have to add that we love our ex-600 and have made some stunning pics with it.

Good luck,

lulu