PDA

View Full Version : Conversion Lenses on SLR lenses?

hypello
11-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Another DSLR newbie question from me, can SLR lenses be used with Close-up, Wide angle, or Telephoto conversion lenses? Do they have to be expense, specially made conversion lenses? I'm kinda on a budget, and you can tell because I have a D-Rebel instead of a D70 or 20D. It would be nice if I could simply use one stabilized lens and just add conversion lenses to it instead have having to buy two or more stabilized lenses. Do they affect AF? The reason I am asking about all three type of conversion lenses is because I am strongly considering the Canon 28-125mm IS USM, which seems very nice but isn't sufficiently wide, doesn't have a lot of telephoto power, and doesn't really seem like it'll work for macro photography.

If they do work, can anyone recommend some good Canon compatible conversion lenses?

Thanks

Rhys
11-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Another DSLR newbie question from me, can SLR lenses be used with Close-up, Wide angle, or Telephoto conversion lenses? Do they have to be expense, specially made conversion lenses? I'm kinda on a budget, and you can tell because I have a D-Rebel instead of a D70 or 20D. It would be nice if I could simply use one stabilized lens and just add conversion lenses to it instead have having to buy two or more stabilized lenses. Do they affect AF? The reason I am asking about all three type of conversion lenses is because I am strongly considering the Canon 28-125mm IS USM, which seems very nice but isn't sufficiently wide, doesn't have a lot of telephoto power, and doesn't really seem like it'll work for macro photography.

If they do work, can anyone recommend some good Canon compatible conversion lenses?

Thanks

I did post here somewhere about a converter that would allow Nikon lenses to be mounted on a Canon D300. The company makes loads of other adaptors so I can't see why you would not be abole to use any lense on your Canon.