PDA

View Full Version : Casio Exilim EX-Z850 vs Canon PowerShot SD550

hellofromva
06-19-2006, 01:55 PM
I've narrowed down my choices to these two cameras and would like some opinions on which to get. I'm basing a lot of my knowledge of the 850 on the review of the 750, thinking that they pretty much stayed the same and some kinks were worked out. Price is about the same and I'm leaning toward the Casio.

Which would you get?

Thanks,
Matt

Budget

$200-300 USD

Size

As small as possible while satisfying the majority of my requirements

Features

7+

* What optical zoom will you need? Standard (most possible, but size is more important)

* How important is “image quality” to you? 9

Do you care for manual controls? Yes, a few major ones. But I'm not expert, so I'll mainly be doing point and shoot stuff.

General Usage

* What will you generally use the camera for? A majority of the shots will be Outdoor/nature action shots. I'd really like an action mode (or just a camera that can be adjusted manually for action), and a good burst mode to capture that one good shot (just before after a bike jump, or coming around a turn).

* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not? Probably not.

Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos? Not as much as outdoor.

Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos? YES

Miscellaneous

Are there particular brands you like or hate? No

Are there particular models you already have in mind?
Casio Exilim EX-Z850
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W70
Canon PowerShot SD550

hellofromva
06-21-2006, 06:51 AM
Well hopefully what i've read elsewhere is true, that I'll be happy with either of them because I placed my order already.

But I gotta say, there are great camera reviews on this site, but the forum advice leaves something to be desired.

bascom
06-21-2006, 01:29 PM
I'd take the Z750 because of better battery life.

But I gotta say, there are great camera reviews on this site, but the forum advice leaves something to be desired.
I agree.