PDA

View Full Version : When do the new cameras come out?

Ed State
07-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Are there any sites that provide news (rumours) about when the companies are planning on releasing their newest models?

I'm on a mac, and there's tons of sites like these... and frankly, it's saved me $$$ on both my computer, and my ipod.

I would just hate to buy a camera and then have the newer model come out the next day!

Thanka,
e

Jeff Keller
07-19-2004, 11:44 AM
Anybody who really knows what's coming up next isn't supposed to talk about it. That said I wouldn't be surprised to see something new this week. ;)

John_Reed
07-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Anybody who really knows what's coming up next isn't supposed to talk about it. That said I wouldn't be surprised to see something new this week. ;)
Jeff is too modest and careful to relate something which is now publicly known: Panasonic is having a big "Splash" cruise out of NYC tomorrow 7/20, to introduce a gaggle of new models in their Lumix line. These would include an FZ15, FZ20, FX7, FZ3, at least. The Panasonic user world is all agog, awaiting these intros with baited breath (mostly hoping their current cameras aren't put to great shame by the newcomers!).

Ed State
07-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Cool! I was hawking the Fx5... would the Fx7 be an upgrade to that? Possibly!? HOPEFULLY!!?

Breath baited,
e

PS, I live in NYC... where is this happening?

Jeff Keller
07-19-2004, 04:45 PM
Jeff is too modest and careful to relate something which is now publicly known: Panasonic is having a big "Splash" cruise out of NYC tomorrow 7/20, to introduce a gaggle of new models in their Lumix line. These would include an FZ15, FZ20, FX7, FZ3, at least. The Panasonic user world is all agog, awaiting these intros with baited breath (mostly hoping their current cameras aren't put to great shame by the newcomers!).

Wow, I hadn't heard about those models! I was referring to a camera from another manufacturer. :eek:

John_Reed
07-19-2004, 04:46 PM
I live in NYC... where is this happening?
I think if you were supposed to know, you'd have received an invitation already! :cool: