PDA

View Full Version : DX7630 Movie Mode

jasonhe
11-06-2004, 08:07 AM
I have a question about which memory card to get for the DX7630...

For the movie mode (QVGA @ 24fps) will a standard-speed SD card have any trouble recording long continuous movies, or will I need to upgrade to a higher-speed SD card (e.g. Sandisk Ultra II) to ensure that movie recording will not stop in the middle?

yonco
11-07-2004, 03:14 AM
I can't really answer that, but I can say that I really don't recommend recording a movie with your Kodak EasyShare DX7630 digital camera. I have the DX7440 which is very similar to the DX7630 (main differences are optical zoom and megapixels), and the movies I recorded came out as huge files - and movie quality, which wasn't good, didn't justify it. The longest video I shot was six minutes, and the file size was about 48 MB.
Buy a video camera - your memories deserve to be captured in a way that they can actually last. :)

smarter_child
11-29-2004, 05:05 PM
I can't really answer that, but I can say that I really don't recommend recording a movie with your Kodak EasyShare DX7630 digital camera. I have the DX7440 which is very similar to the DX7630 (main differences are optical zoom and megapixels), and the movies I recorded came out as huge files - and movie quality, which wasn't good, didn't justify it. The longest video I shot was six minutes, and the file size was about 48 MB.
Buy a video camera - your memories deserve to be captured in a way that they can actually last. :)
Did you use a regular SD card or a high-speed SD card? I know what camera you are talking about, and the movie modes are about the same.

ralfsmith
04-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Oh its very interesting. Could you provide me more information ?

max@digitalhardcore.us

sw2cam
04-22-2006, 08:51 AM
Get the biggest card you feel you want to pay for.

sw2cam
04-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Oh and to record a movie with any brand digital still camera is second rate over a movie camera.

Ok ok so the thread is two years old. I'm just trying to see if just maybe I can get some interest going on this website. I mean this thread says it had over 1000 views. Can that be right and only have a handfull of replies.