PDA

View Full Version : Help and Advice please?

lezersara
07-19-2004, 08:26 AM
Hi everybody ,:)

Cannot decide:

:confused: minolta dimage xg or nikon coolpix 3700

Have been looking at camera reviews online and in magazines for ages as well as trying out cameras in shops(although they often do not have the batteries so cannot be tried!) and was quite confused at first.

Had an Olympus camedia 220 which died suddenly but I always found it too slow.

After looking at "Dave's picks"on imaging resource , your site , and Steve's digicams, I have narrowed down my choice to minolta dimage xg or nikon coolpix 3700 ,as I want:
a fast startup,
a small compact traveller,
easy to use (am not very brite with technical photography so do not need lots of manual stuff!)
preferably SD for storage
clear pictures both indoor and out
Usage:mostly for family use but also sometimes for products like toys for our party-store business.

What's your opinion and advice?
Please help?
Thanks in advance, :)

Sara

D70FAN
07-19-2004, 05:17 PM
My advice is: Go to a camera store and try both cameras. Run them through simple routines, like record (taking pictures) and playback. Also try to decide which one feels better while you are taking the picture as this is important as well.

Either should give you years of fun and good pictures.

lezersara
07-20-2004, 02:20 AM
:) Thanks for your advice, will go and try them out today!
Regards,
Sara

lezersara
07-23-2004, 01:04 AM
:) Hi again,

Had trouble finding camera stores that stocked the coolpix 3700 or the Dimage Xg and had the battery available and charged so I could try them!!!

Finally managed and decided that with the dimage it was too tricky to hold without putting your finger in the way of the lens by mistake!!!! :rolleyes:

So made my decision and ordered the coolpix 3700 from 7dayshop.com at the fantastic price of 178.00much cheaper than anywhere else!!! :D

Special thanks to George for your advice,
Hope this helps other people too!
Regards,
Sara