PDA

View Full Version : Tell me which camera….

Viper
07-19-2004, 08:08 AM
Hi There

I want to buy a small digital camera. Something I can put in my pocket and not be too bulky and something that takes really clean pictures. I know thats probably what everyone asks for but I just thought I'd ask again.

Another thing I'd like to have is a camera that can take pictures really quick, one after another.

Preferably around or less than $500. any help

Thanks

Jake Conner
07-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Try Kyocera's SL400: Tiny, 4MP, great swivel body, takes 3.3FPS until your (high-speed) card is full.

Jake

Viper
07-20-2004, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the tip but me being new to all this, i was wondering if you could tell me of any sites that will explain to me the fundamentals of the term 4mp & FPS.

John_Reed
07-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the tip but me being new to all this, i was wondering if you could tell me of any sites that will explain to me the fundamentals of the term 4mp & FPS.
You asked for a camera that took "clean" photos; Jake suggested a "4MP" camera, which means that its CCD sensor has 4 million pixels, enough to create "clean" photos, usually. And you wanted a camera that would take pictures in rapid succession, so Jake recommended a camera that could shoot 3.3 FPS, or "Frames Per Second." But if you'd like to become more comfortable with these terms in general, Dennis Curtin (http://www.shortcourses.com/choosing/contents.htm) has a good on-line book for you to read. Check it out.

Viper
07-21-2004, 02:22 AM
Thanks john!

The site you mentioned has given me just the information i needed to know (bring on the digital camera's) :)