PDA

View Full Version : ist DL not working with 4GB MMC

Rouxenator
06-02-2006, 07:57 AM
I got a 4GB MMC Card from ebay and it worked fine in my Nokia phone and my Canon S1 iS (via a CF <-> SD/MMC adaptor). But I cannot get this card to work in my friends Pentax ist DL. I am pretty sure it will even work in my Canon A410.

There is no firmware for the ist DL - only D and DS.

Is it a known issue or a given that Pentax does not work will with memory cards ? No other MMC/Sd device that I have has issues with the card.

CptOfGondor
06-02-2006, 06:51 PM
SD cards only go up to 2GB unless you got the SD-HC (HiCap) which is under development. I dunno aobut MMC though.

mb6126
06-09-2006, 12:23 AM
I got a 4GB MMC Card from ebay and it worked fine in my Nokia phone and my Canon S1 iS (via a CF <-> SD/MMC adaptor). But I cannot get this card to work in my friends Pentax ist DL. I am pretty sure it will even work in my Canon A410.

Is it a known issue or a given that Pentax does not work will with memory cards ? No other MMC/Sd device that I have has issues with the card.

:mad: They donot support MMC and SD over 1GB as stated in the offical web site.

mb6126
06-09-2006, 12:25 AM

:mad: Pentax ist DL donot support MMC and SD over 1GB as stated in the offical web site.

eduardofrances
06-11-2006, 10:36 PM
SD cards only go up to 2GB unless you got the SD-HC (HiCap) which is under development. I dunno aobut MMC though.

The SD-HC will be only for newer cameras, cameras like the Nikon D50 and the pentax IST DL wont be able to use it, and the IST DL cant use MMC

jeisner
06-12-2006, 01:11 AM
:mad: Pentax ist DL donot support MMC and SD over 1GB as stated in the offical web site.

What is up with the supersized text??? like to scream???

Well the DS and DL do support 2GB SD cards, if you check the firmware updates you will see they added 2gb support... Over 2GB is a different story as the SD standard only supports up to 2gb, over that is a new SDHC standard, not SD...

Slinky Pickle
07-21-2006, 07:10 PM
I run a 4Gb SD card in my ist DL just fine. I formatted it in a PC rather than in the camera (not sure if it makes a difference though).

It's this one http://cgi.ebay.com/150X-4GB-ADATA-SD-Secure-Digital-Ultra-Speed-Card-4-GB_W0QQitemZ320008651735QQihZ011QQcategoryZ18871QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

CptOfGondor
07-22-2006, 12:59 PM
I thought anything over 2GB wasn't possible with the standard SD. :confused:

alinbor
08-28-2006, 01:45 PM
a pentax 110d will work with a 4gb card?

thanks