PDA

View Full Version : US Warranty card in camera box?

lea
11-04-2004, 06:31 PM
The FZ3 I ordered did not seem to have any US warranty card. It only had an envelope with a Canadian warranty. When I called the store (BuyDig), I was told that Panasonic cameras don't come with an actual US warranty card. It did come with one of those owner registration cards that had an address in Denver. I emailed Panasonic on this and have not heard back yet. Should my camera have a warranty card. Did yours? Please respond :)

propwash
11-05-2004, 07:39 PM
lea,

My FZ3 arrived just as your camera did. There was a Canadian warranty card, but nothing for the US. I guess this is normal. The box itself was not sealed with tape or shrink wrap. It did have a flap that was tucked in and I had to pull that flap out before I could open the box. Some of the components inside were taped shut in bags, and some were enclosed in bags but not taped at all. This was exactly the way things were when I bought a Lumix LC33 as well. I think that is just the way Panasonic packages theire cameras. I think it appears that you got a brand new camera and not one that has been repackaged. Enjoy!!

genece
11-06-2004, 05:02 AM
That also is the way my FZ20 came.

lea
11-06-2004, 03:19 PM
thank you - that is good to know.