PDA

View Full Version : How should a new FZ3 be packaged?

lea
11-04-2004, 08:52 AM
I just got my FZ3 from BuyDig. The box was closed, but not sealed with tape or shrink wrap. The camera was wrapped in protective wrapping but not in a bag, nor was there any protective plastic on the lcd or the lens. Some of the accessories were taped in plastic bags and some were in the plastic bags, but not taped. What does the warranty look like - cause I can't seem to find a US card, but there is a specific envelope that says for Canada and has info about a Canadian warranty. It does have an owner info card that is addressed to Denver, CO. Any input? - please!

genece
11-04-2004, 01:23 PM
That the way they come, My FZ20 came the same way as did many others.

leadeater
11-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Hi Lea,

I purchased my FZ3 at the local Curcuit City. The camera was in a bag that is similar to a type of very thin foam upon which >PE< was printed. There is no warranty card, as the warranty is printed within the instruction booklet. There is a registration card, which you have. Most of the small plastic bags were taped, but several were not. The SD card was in a small blue plastic envelope that was sealed to the inner lid of the carton. AFAICR, there was no plastic protector over the camera's display. The box did not have a seal, nor is there any evidence of previously having one.

hth,
Phil
p.s. you have good taste in cameras.....