PDA

View Full Version : Powershot A75-Blinking LCD

hari
07-18-2004, 09:45 PM
I have bought A75 last saturday. I have a query. I use AA batteries supplied with A75 and CF card 32 MB which came with the A75.

The LCD goes on and off intermittently. It goes off few seconds and comes again. This is the case with all modes. Even when you put off and on again the LCD does not immediately come up. It just BLINKS. I have set the Auto Power down to off also and not able to do. Fully charged 2100 NiMH batteries are also used and the problem remains.

When I try to change the settings, even that time the LCD goes off and on intermittently. Even in the PLAYBACK mode the LCD does not come up or only Blinks.

There is enough space on CF card. Hardly 10-15 photos are saved. I have also removed the CF card and inserted again to ensure it is properly connected.

What could be the problem. Has anybody faced similar problem? Since it is not even one week from the time the A75 is purchased, I am a little bit reluctant to take the camera to canon service center. It came with 2 year warranty.

I have tried this indoors at night.

Would you please suggest what could be the problem ?

Jake Conner
07-18-2004, 10:16 PM
I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but it sounds like a dud. It sounds like returning it to the store or sending it to Canon is in order.

Jake

Robert
07-19-2004, 07:16 AM
I can assure you something is wrong with your camera. Having it only two weeks is the best reason to return it. But return it for a new
A75. If your dealer is reputable you should have no problem.

hari
07-21-2004, 01:34 AM
Thanks for all your kind suggestions. Yesterday I have exchanged the Camera for another A75. Hopefully, It should not give any problem.

Fortunately, I have purchased it through Canon dealers. I was thinking to get one in Grey market. Thank god! I have not done that !!!

Any way, I feel Canon's QC is not up to the mark. We should all let them know what we feel of their quality.

Thanks