PDA

View Full Version : FZ20: "P" setting for most shots?

slitman
11-03-2004, 02:14 PM
Just got my new FZ20 and wondering what setting do most people use for taking pictures; the "P" setting?

genece
11-03-2004, 05:58 PM
I use P pretty much all the time.
I think if you really want a super sharp shot of something maybe set the aperture to 4.6 or 5.2.
A couple other settings I use all the time
- 2/3 exposure
spot mode
spot meter
Mode 2 OIS
Continuous AF off

But just play around and see what you like.
You will really like this camera.

slitman
11-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the suggestions...so how come you keep the Continuous AF turned off?

I use P pretty much all the time.
I think if you really want a super sharp shot of something maybe set the aperture to 4.6 or 5.2.
A couple other settings I use all the time
- 2/3 exposure
spot mode
spot meter
Mode 2 OIS
Continuous AF off

But just play around and see what you like.
You will really like this camera.

genece
11-03-2004, 07:31 PM
It just seems to work better for me.
As I said just try all the options and you will come up with what you like.
Do not forget the scene modes you will find a couple of those you like for certain shots. I like the Night Portrait mode and I think the snow mode will also work for me. I will see.

slitman
11-04-2004, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a good idea...have you gotten a filter for yours?

Will a 72mm work just find if I don't plan on using the hood?

It just seems to work better for me.
As I said just try all the options and you will come up with what you like.
Do not forget the scene modes you will find a couple of those you like for certain shots. I like the Night Portrait mode and I think the snow mode will also work for me. I will see.

genece
11-04-2004, 05:13 PM
72mm will work with or without the hood.
But I use several of the aftermarket adapters, you will need an aftermarket adapter if you plan on using a WA lens and some Tele or some closeup lenses.
They tell me a Tcon17 works with the Panasonic adapter.

Jim Last
11-05-2004, 12:53 AM
If you use a Pemaraal (http://www.b-300.com/fz10ac.html) PD62 or PA62 then your new thread is now at 62mm. If you are adding either the Oly TCON-14B or WCON-08B these both have a 62mm thread which means you can interchange these lenses with extreem ease whilst also having cheaper 62mm filters. There are a number of thread regarding this withint this forum, so best to take a look.

slitman
11-05-2004, 03:57 AM
Any idea if using this adapter, the camera will still fit into the bag through the Circuit City rebate?

If you use a Pemaraal (http://www.b-300.com/fz10ac.html) PD62 or PA62 then your new thread is now at 62mm. If you are adding either the Oly TCON-14B or WCON-08B these both have a 62mm thread which means you can interchange these lenses with extreem ease whilst also having cheaper 62mm filters. There are a number of thread regarding this withint this forum, so best to take a look.

Hazzabone
12-02-2004, 05:50 PM
I also have just brought the FZ20 and am having a lot of fun with it, has anyone had experience taking lightning photos with it and if so with what settings are used

jeffrshaw
12-03-2004, 07:12 AM
The carrying case that comes with the Panasonic rebate is just big enough to hold the camera and nothing else....certainly not the adapter or hood.

Hazzabone
12-03-2004, 11:48 AM
It is somewhat annoying that this thread started with a question re 'P' settings, somehow it now is about hoods and what ever...can it get back too 'settings'