PDA

View Full Version : E-volt 500 outside pics are tooo dark

jbuchanan69
05-20-2006, 11:58 AM
Ok, just got back from our son's baseball game at 11am Tx time. Bright sunny day, my wife was using the 40-150 Olympus digital zoom lens. The camera was set to AUTO. Her first 5 pics all came out dark. She then switched to Action setting and the remaining pics were great. Anyone have an idea as to why the AUTO mode would darken the shots?
thanks,
jb

Norm in Fujino
05-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Ok, just got back from our son's baseball game at 11am Tx time. Bright sunny day, my wife was using the 40-150 Olympus digital zoom lens. The camera was set to AUTO. Her first 5 pics all came out dark. She then switched to Action setting and the remaining pics were great. Anyone have an idea as to why the AUTO mode would darken the shots?
thanks,
jb

Hmm, no idea, sorry, but in general terms I'd recommend you learn more about your camera (whether Olympus or other) and not rely on auto or the other "scene" modes. Otherwise, you'll always be at the mercy of the camera and you won't know what's happening. If possible, it would also help to post some examples together with the exif information.

best wishes,