PDA

View Full Version : Digi darkroom DVD training

Adamzx3
11-03-2004, 12:28 PM
I want to buy some Teaching DVD's on digital drakroom stuff in photoshop, preferably CS. I already know the majority of PS butI dont know how to use this for photo retouching and such. Anyone know of any good ones?

pwiles1968
11-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Not sure about DVD's but I can recommend a book - The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby. I have found it invaluable lives on top of my scanner. :)

Adamzx3
11-03-2004, 01:34 PM
cool that looks really good, If I cant find a DVD tutorial I will definatlly pick that up :D anyone know of any others?

haikai
11-04-2004, 04:04 PM
cool that looks really good, If I cant find a DVD tutorial I will definatlly pick that up :D anyone know of any others?

well, i actually replied to your post in another thread, but here it is again (seems more appropriate here anyway):

check out:

http://www.totaltraining.com/

they sell dvd training for a number of programs. their photoshop cs section even has a digital photography volume. i have not seen any of the photoshop related videos, but i have seen some of the premiere ones (premiere is another adobe product) and i can say that i was pleased with the instruction quality. i don't know if any of these disks will go in as much depth as you might be looking for, but i thought i'd throw this out there.

my personal opinion is that the photoshop instruction doesn't have to be specific to digital darkroom. whatever you can learn about photoshop from any source will help because at the end of the day, we're just manipulating pixels, and the best results don't always come from the tools you think you should be using.

hai

Adamzx3
11-04-2004, 07:13 PM
oh lol i thought i remembered posting this somewhere else but i couldnt find it so i figured i didnt post it right lol :rolleyes: