PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic FZ3 being phased out?

dimmo
11-02-2004, 08:37 PM
hi,

I called a camera store here in Australia to get a FZ3 and they told me that stock was hard to come by, and further to that, that panasonic were going to phase out the FZ3 and replace it with something else.

Anyone else heard anything relating to this?

justo
11-03-2004, 10:51 AM
I just bought an FZ3 here in Australia and mine was the first one they got in. It just got released, how could they be phasing it out already? Sounds like an excuse to push something they have in stock?

Even if they were phasing it out, it's still a great camera judging by what people here say.

dimmo
11-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Yeah.

WHere did you buy yours from.. ? The cheapest I have seen it in Australia from an online vendor is $607.00.

Hawkeye34
11-04-2004, 06:16 AM
I asked Dr Joseph Yao in Hong for a price on the FZ3 recently. He told me that there is no demand for a 3Mp camera any more in Hong Kong because all the mobile/cell phones there already have 3Mp cameras built in !

Now I think the FZ20 is the one to buy, especially as it is a "mere" GBP 60 more than the 3Mp FZ3. I wish the FZ20 was the same size as the FZ3 though. I already carry the LC1 everywhere, which is fractionally smaller than my Nikon D70.

genece
11-04-2004, 07:06 AM
That sounds like bullcrap. The phones may have the ability but how about the Lens or the options. I think he just did not have one.

justo
11-04-2004, 08:40 AM
Yeah.

WHere did you buy yours from.. ? The cheapest I have seen it in Australia from an online vendor is $607.00.

I got an online quote from somewhere in australia for $640 to my door. I then emailed a camera shop (Cameraland) situated 5mins walking distance form me, and they said they'd do it for $604. There was a retravision along the way who said they could only match $604 (cost + 5%). The camera had to be ordered in and it took 6 business days to arrive.

So, if $607 is including postage, I'd say, take it.