PDA

View Full Version : Sorry but another FZ-10 filter adapter question.

tc882000
11-01-2004, 04:26 PM
As the pemaraal adapter is next to impossible to find what exactly would be the downside of putting a 72-62 step down adapter on the FZ hood and keeping a UV or skylight filter on it all the time? I already have 62mm filters from my Pentax 35mm SLR and several Cokin A series.
On a different note if a thread I started has been dead for awhile or has answered my question can I delete it?

genece
11-01-2004, 04:53 PM
I am not sure about leaving a step down ring on all the time.But I can not check to see if it would vignette at wide angle, I think it would.
Why not just put on a 72mm filter.

Or I see nothing wrong with this adapter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43441&item=3850149194&rd=1

If there are answers to your other post I think you should leave it,but that is just my opinion.

John_Reed
11-01-2004, 05:25 PM
As the pemaraal adapter is next to impossible to find what exactly would be the downside of putting a 72-62 step down adapter on the FZ hood and keeping a UV or skylight filter on it all the time? I already have 62mm filters from my Pentax 35mm SLR and several Cokin A series.
On a different note if a thread I started has been dead for awhile or has answered my question can I delete it?With the Pemaraal adapter, there wouldn't be any vignetting, but doing as you suggest, going from 72->62mm from the lens hood at such a distance in front of the lens, would almost certainly cause vignetting at wideangle. I personally don't even use filters, so maybe it's hard for me to see you agonizing so over how to screw one on, when it's pretty easy to live without it.

cheemoon
11-01-2004, 06:20 PM
With the Pemaraal adapter, there wouldn't be any vignetting, but doing as you suggest, going from 72->62mm from the lens hood at such a distance in front of the lens, would almost certainly cause vignetting at wideangle. I personally don't even use filters, so maybe it's hard for me to see you agonizing so over how to screw one on, when it's pretty easy to live without it.

John, you bring out a very interesting point. My FZ10 has the hood and 72mm HMC-UV filter on all the time. I would very much like to remove the filter if not for the concern of getting the beautiful lens dirtied during use.

Could you share with us on how you keep the lens clean and how often or under what situation would you clean it.

Thanks!

-cheemoon

Jayde
11-01-2004, 08:46 PM
cheemoon
hi
http://www.b-300.com/used.html

buy this :)
PA62 Black Seconds. Dimensionally perfect but with slight cosmetic blemish (nicked or chipped black topcoat). Guaranteed to be fully functional.

i have one its perfect

John_Reed
11-01-2004, 11:41 PM
John, you bring out a very interesting point. My FZ10 has the hood and 72mm HMC-UV filter on all the time. I would very much like to remove the filter if not for the concern of getting the beautiful lens dirtied during use.

Could you share with us on how you keep the lens clean and how often or under what situation would you clean it.

Thanks!

-cheemoonI'm very paranoid about protecting my lens from bodily harm. I always put the lens cap on when I turn off the camera, and I'm always conscious of where the lens is when its active. Occasionally, it does get dirty, but not very often. I've shot some 8,000 shots with the camera, and I've really only cleaned the lens about twice, I think. One time was when my wife used it and left a fingerprint on it! When I clean it, I spray some cleaner on a soft cloth, and gently rub the lens with a circular motion, then dry it gently with a soft cloth. Considering that I have to clean my glasses daily, the lens gets off pretty easy, I'd say!

Jim Last
11-02-2004, 01:19 AM
I noticed that the Phayee adaptor on ebay that Gene had noticed is now re-listed here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43441&item=3850204139&rd=1)

7 day listing @ $22.50 Excl. P&P

It is also discussed on dpreview.com (http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=9143475)

I went with Jayde's reccommondation :) the Pemaraal PA62 2nd's, ordered at the weekend eliverery should be within 7 days (UK). If you really want to pay the extra $10 for the 1st quality, I was told these should be ready in the next week.