PDA

View Full Version : date stamp

Paulgobat
04-30-2006, 08:16 PM
This is probably really simple but I can not find out how to put the date stamp on the photos (not the file) so my wife can figure out when I took the pictures of the kittens once the photos are printed. Does the Evolt 500 do that?

CptOfGondor
04-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Open up the Menu and you should see a bar on the left side with five icons. Scroll down to the Setup Up Menu #2 and you should see a clock icon. I think that should be it. It will ask you the kinda format you want before you being setting the time/date.

If it doesn't work out, I can drop by the local camera shop tomorrow and ask to try out the E500.

(Hey Paul, lemme know if you still need that date stamp checked out. I'm going to be out for most of the afternoon but on the way home, I can stop by camera store.)

CptOfGondor
05-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Hey Paul, I went to to store to check out the E-500 today.

The employees had no idea how to work it but they were willing to show me.

(Just background wise, its not a pro camera shop like Henry's.com. Just general point and shoot digi's, develop your photos and prints kinda store.)

Once they got the thing booted up with the card and handed it to me, I was just as clueless as they were. It look a long time to get started. Just the slew of buttons/menus. LoL. Ok, I went to through the menus to set up the date and took a photo. When I reviewed it, it showed the date but it only seemed like just for info purposes only. Like not actually imprinted onto the photo. Kinda like overlaid display info. After that I decided to tried to look for alternatives but let me tell you, I was struggling with the buttons..lol.

Oh well, if that method doesn't lead to the date actually stamped on, I'd suggest you go through the manual. (I skimmed over it last night on the Olympus site but didn't note any "date/time" thing other than the path I had originally mentioned.) I'd probably give Olympus Tech Support an email if no Evolt 500 owners help you.

Norm in Fujino
05-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Information like dates (and even latitude/longitude for some cameras) is included in the EXIF data, but I don't believe that any (?) dSLR has a function for overlaying a date (or copyright, etc.) visibly on a photograph. IMHO, that's a function you might expect on P&S type film camera; if you need a date stamp, you're probably going to have to use Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, or other pp program, a la:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/Peregrinor/P8050310_fw1.jpg

alexpsru
09-27-2006, 05:00 AM
Take a look at:

TimeToPhoto helps you if you want see on your photos date and time when you made it. TimeToPhoto allows you to add datestamps or memory labels to selected photos by one mouse click. Just select photos with TimeToPhoto and press RUN to get the date to print on all of your selected photos automatically. TimeToPhoto automatically reads the date of original picture from a file and places a datestamp and/or any text label to photo.

http://avpsoft.com/products/timetophoto/