PDA

View Full Version : FZ20 - LCD vs. EVF

deadrise
11-01-2004, 07:26 AM
I am a new user of Panasonic's FZ20 and am loving the camera. However, I noticed yesterday while viewing photos on my TV that the pictures I took using the LCD were cropped, i.e. I was missing a part of the head of a subject while I knew I had shot the whole head. I then took two identical photos, one using the LCD and one with the EVF, and compared them. The photo using the EVF showed the entire subject while the LCD photo was cropped. Is this normal?

LStoner
11-01-2004, 08:18 AM
Hi. I just tested my Pan FZ20 taking a pic standing from the same spot, using same subject, etc. Although I didn't view them on the TV, only on the LCD, both pics were identical. I'm not sure what could be going on. I do know that when I use the EVF I tend to move less than just holding the camera out using the LCD. The pic quality is especially apparent at full zoom. I have better pics using the EVF at full zoom, or anywhere close, because the camera is steadier.

Just a thought, but maybe when you use the LCD you are moving the camera down from the force of pushing the shutter button. If that's not the case, there might be something wrong with your camera. I would say, go to a store and test their model and see if you get the same results that you are with your camera. If you get the same results than maybe it's you and not the camera. Worst case scenario if the problem is your steadiness, you use the EVF until you're real good at using the LCD. It does it have it's advantages. You will save battery power if you use the EVF more than the LCD. Good Luck!

-Lee Ann

genece
11-01-2004, 08:24 AM
I just tried 2 each of wide angle and 12X zoom and I don't see that , maybe a bit at 12X but very little.( might be I did not hold real steady).
Lets see what others say.

deadrise
11-01-2004, 11:17 AM
I would agree that some of the issue could be due to the lack of stability while shooting using the LCD, however, I lose picture image around the entire border. It appears that I am getting less than 100% of the picture image when using the LCD. I was curious if this was a Panasonic standard.

Thanks for the responses.

LStoner
11-01-2004, 11:25 AM
Hmmm, now that is strange. I'm stumped on that. I haven't experienced that problem. You still might want to check out another FZ20 in the store and see what it does or call Panasonic Customer Service. The phone number should be in your owner's manual.

-Lee Ann