PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide which one to get... Z600 or Z60 or S600

vratner
04-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Anyone can say why I should choose one over another? I'm also interested in personal experiences.

Z60 and Z600 seem to be identical, except for the larger display on the Z600. The price difference is probably not that great, between 30-50 bucks. If that's the only difference, then I would probably pay an extra 30 bucks to have a larger, brighter LCD. Is that it, or am I missing something?

Now, the S600 has a different movie mode, which I don't really care for. I mean, it's nice to have your camera taking movies in MPEG-4 format, but that's not the main reason for the camera. If I get a large capacity SD for Z600 or Z60, then I should be able to fit some video footage on it as well. I do like, however, the cool look of S600. But then I think that it only has a 2.2" LCD, and it immediately turns me off.

Decisions, decisions... So, Z600 or Z60? Or should I give S600 a try? ... and why?

Thanks.

CptOfGondor
04-29-2006, 06:21 PM
hey, you shouldn't take a camera picture just because it's LCD's a little smaller than the rest. The bigger the LCD, the more cramped the rest of the buttons will be.

Internally, the cameras are pretty much the same. Same 3x zoom, processor and what not. I guess what you really have to decide now is, which design appeals to you the most?

doc540
05-03-2006, 12:35 PM
I was faced with the same dilemma. I neede(?wanted) a really compact camera to have with me at all times. My requirements were: 1. at least 6 megapixels, 2. some kind of image stabilization, and 3. not very expensive. I looked at the specs on the Sony T9, various Canon ELPHs, Olympus 710, Pentax Optio, Panasonics etc. The Z60 was preceeded some time before by the Z4 which I really liked for it compactness and finish. At 4 megapixels that was a pretty neat camera to have with you. The Z60 seemed to have the best balance of size, price (<$220) and features.
The photos have been great! It is not a Nikon D2x, it is a go anywhere snapshot camera and for what it is, it is great. The finish, ergonomics and features are really are outstanding. I have been "blown away" by the macro performance in the "soft flash" mode. A neat little camera!