PDA

View Full Version : Preventing Dust while Changing Lenses on D70

DoctorT
10-31-2004, 01:14 PM
Hi,

The only bad thing about the D70 is dust pickup when changing lenses. Does anyone have advice on the best way to change lenses on the D70.

John suggested on 9-13. Sears Craftsman Micro Cleaning Kit is part number 9 17493 and costs about twelve bucks to clean the filter when problems appear. Has anyone had a bad experience with this method.

Thanks.

alperin1
11-01-2004, 07:18 PM
I have been told to hold the body of the camera with the lense facing the ground. Now change the lens. Dont worry as much about the lens at this time just try and get the new lens on quickly.

D70FAN
11-02-2004, 06:11 AM
Hi,

The only bad thing about the D70 is dust pickup when changing lenses. Does anyone have advice on the best way to change lenses on the D70.

John suggested on 9-13. Sears Craftsman Micro Cleaning Kit is part number 9 17493 and costs about twelve bucks to clean the filter when problems appear. Has anyone had a bad experience with this method.

Thanks.

Use caution when cleaning the camera, and never make contact with the sensor. I suggest that you find a local camera repair and see if they do cleanings. Here in Tempe, Tempe Camera Repair will do this for $35 with about a 2 day normal turn-around.

As previously stated, keep the camera pointed lens-down when changing lenses, and change them quickly but safely. A few seconds is not a big deal.

Do not use canned air with propellants. There are a couple of sensor cleaning products on the market, including a special compressed air kit, and again your local camera store should be able to help you there.

Sometimes in a pinch you can try blowing the dust loose (using lung power). Just make sure you don't spit (blow lightly) and blow at an angle. I used this method successfully once.