PDA

View Full Version : Z850 - Cmaera Case

barryware
04-13-2006, 08:49 AM
I am the new proud owner of a EX-Z850. So far I am pretty happy with it. Can anyone recommend a tight fitting camera case for the EX-Z850? I read some posts that say the EXCASE1 sometimes won't fit a Z750 and the 850 is just a bit thicker. I bought a case from ebags.com that I thought would fit but it is too big.
Thanks

tgaf
04-15-2006, 06:28 AM
I bought an EXCASE1, since it was listed on the Casio site as a case for the 850. It is an extremely tight fit. You have to tug and pull to close the flap. The leather is stretching some with repeated use, but it still is very tight.

CptOfGondor
04-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Wow, you bought the new EX z850? How is the image quality and everything?

tgaf
04-27-2006, 05:42 AM
I have owned the 850 for about a month and have taken close to 700 pics with it. It has very handy size, high image quality, flexibility and ease of use. Some people have complained about the video quality, but since I don't use the video function it is a non-issue for me. You can see some of my pics at http://www.pbase.com/tgaf/casio_exz850 Oh, yes, battery life is outstanding.

CptOfGondor
04-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Wow. they're pretty nice. I dunno. Looking at dpreview's 850 tests, it just seems like noise is a real problem.

tgaf
04-27-2006, 06:01 PM
If you look at the reviews of almost every non-dslr digital camera today, there are always complaints about noise at higher ISOs. The Casio 850 is no worse than others and better than most. In real-world normal shooting it is quite good.

Personally I prefer a camera with a bit of noise if this means that the in-camera noise reduction is not so aggressive as to obliterate low-level detail. There are some brands that are super clean, noise-free, but whose pics look like they had gone through a dermabrasion and are missing the fine surface texture that defines and differentiates objects. On the other hand there are some companies who believe in minimal in-camera processing so that the photographer can adjust things precisely to his or her liking in post-processing. Post-processing allows a fine degree of control that in-camera processing doesn't, with its fixed parameters. I have owned both types of cameras. The 850 seems to me to be a nice compromise between the two philosophies.

CptOfGondor
04-27-2006, 06:49 PM
I used to have an old Sony Cybershot DSC P3 2.8MP no optical zoom point and shooter. It actually performed better than my Casio Exilim EX-S500. The ISO 400 photos from the Sony had far less noise than the Casio.