PDA

View Full Version : photoshop

liteace
04-09-2006, 12:09 PM
can anyone tell me how to put a signature on the bottom of my photos

sparky
04-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Try this link. http://www.clubsnap.org/display.php?file=articles/border/borders.htm

liteace
04-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Thankyou very much sparky

The Mangler
09-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Sorry if bringing back old threads is a no-no around here, some forums hate that... In this case I thought it was better than starting a new one though.

I had the same question as liteace, so I searched the forum and found this thread (among many others). While the link that sparky provided was good, it wasn't quite what I was looking for. I wanted to use a scanned image of my actual signature and have the background transparent on it. I did some googling and found this:

http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/brush/cbrush7.htm

That was exactly what I was looking for. It shows you how to make a custom brush of your signature, so you don't have to drag & drop it onto your pictures. You just select your custom brush and click where you want your sig. I realize that this is probably old news for a lot of you guys, maybe it'll be usefull to someone else though...

Anyway, sorry for the long post on such a simple subject. You may continue talking about all of your sexy gear now. :cool:

Rosstopher
09-14-2006, 07:54 AM
The absolute best way, if you have a nice handwritten sig, is to find a tablet (which is also great for photoshop work) and write it out yourself and use it that way. Best thing to do is to get a sig that works then save it as a separate pdf and use it whenever you need to.

If you don't want to buy one, try looking around to 'borrow' and use it just for the sig. I have access at the school i'm at and that is what I've done.

Font just doesn't do it sometimes

ktixx
09-14-2006, 09:04 AM
The absolute best way, if you have a nice handwritten sig, is to find a tablet (which is also great for photoshop work) and write it out yourself and use it that way. Best thing to do is to get a sig that works then save it as a separate pdf and use it whenever you need to.

If you don't want to buy one, try looking around to 'borrow' and use it just for the sig. I have access at the school i'm at and that is what I've done.

Actually - the best way to have a handwritten signature is to sign a blank white piece of paper with a thin black felt tipped pen. Use Plenty of light on the white paper and take a photograph of it. Move the image into photoshop, Select "Auto Levels", use the magic selector tool to select all the white on the image (ie everything but the signature), then inverse the selection (so just the black signature if copied). Copy and paste that onto a new window with a transparent background and save as a PNG - You now have your signature.
It takes about 5 minutes in total to do all of those steps from start to finish and it actually works very well
Ken

The Mangler
09-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Actually - the best way to have a handwritten signature is to sign a blank white piece of paper with a thin black felt tipped pen. Use Plenty of light on the white paper and take a photograph of it. Move the image into photoshop, Select "Auto Levels", use the magic selector tool to select all the white on the image (ie everything but the signature), then inverse the selection (so just the black signature if copied). Copy and paste that onto a new window with a transparent background and save as a PNG - You now have your signature.
It takes about 5 minutes in total to do all of those steps from start to finish and it actually works very well
Ken
That's pretty much what I did, but I scanned it instead of taking a picture. Seems to be working fine. Looks good too. :cool:
I made mine a brush though, you just pick that brush and click where you want it.

The Mangler
09-14-2006, 02:30 PM
I hear that. There is no font that can even come close to my signature, so using my actual signature was the only option for me. ...And it's impossible to 'write' with a mouse and have the result look anything like your handwriting.