PDA

View Full Version : Impressive

Jason25
04-03-2006, 02:53 PM
I got bored over lunch and started looking at other manufacturers' lense lineups, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the specs on the Zuiko Digitals. Olympus really seems to be on the ball with their lineup, and are pretty well covered. Their telephotos have outstanding specs, but prices to match! Just wanted to comment, and hope you guys are enjoying these optics :)

Norm in Fujino
04-03-2006, 07:45 PM
I got bored over lunch and started looking at other manufacturers' lense lineups, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the specs on the Zuiko Digitals. Olympus really seems to be on the ball with their lineup, and are pretty well covered. Their telephotos have outstanding specs, but prices to match! Just wanted to comment, and hope you guys are enjoying these optics :)

Overall the ranges are pretty-well covered, and you're right, the optics are generally first-rate, unless you need/want cheap primes. The addition of the new Sigmas later this year will help as well:

* 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM
* 18-50mm F2.8 EX DC
* MACRO 105mm F2.8 EX DG
* APO MACRO 150mm F2.8 EX DG HSM
* APO 50-500mm F4-6.3 EX DG HSM

Jason25
04-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Wow, Bigma on a 2x crop camera. Now there's a cheap way to get to 1000mm :D

kgosden
04-04-2006, 05:41 AM
Norm, I didn't know that the 30mm 1.4 Sigma was already available. How do you like it?

Norm in Fujino
04-04-2006, 06:49 AM
Norm, I didn't know that the 30mm 1.4 Sigma was already available. How do you like it?

No, no, they're not available yet. As I said , "The addition of the new Sigmas later this year. . ." They're supposedly scheduled for around summer, but I haven't heard anything definitive.

kgosden
04-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Oops, my confusion. I misread the lens list as if it were your equipment list like others sometimes post.

Norm in Fujino
04-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Oops, my confusion. I misread the lens list as if it were your equipment list like others sometimes post.

LOL :D
No, I wish I had them all, but even if I did, I don't list my equipment except to tell how I took a specific photograph. Somehow seems a bit vain or equipo-centric to me.

penz
04-05-2006, 01:45 PM
I was really thinking about the 30mm. A shop in Dusseldorf is has it on there page already but I haven't been there yet to see if they really have it. Here is the link. (http://www.fotokoch.de/objektive/24078.shtml)

Sigma USA is also saying it has been released here. (http://www.sigma-photo.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3300&navigator=6)