PDA

View Full Version : is canon preparing to launch a replacement for 300D

halim
10-28-2004, 07:53 PM
I'm planning to get a 300d,but i'm becoming curious is canon gonna launch another product soon to replace it??..because the price keep on dropping pretty fast..last month i when i check at my local store it's tagged at Rp. 8,6M thats around (US$ 930),2 weeks ago it's drop to 8,4M,now it's 8,2 M..btw i live in indonesia if anyone ever wonder..so the price here is naturally here is higher than in US or Europe...
So anyone has heard any news about this matter?? :)

kave
11-16-2004, 07:20 AM
When are manufacturers starting to lower the price on their products? In the beginning when they have problems keeping up on demand? In the end of the life cycle when they have problems selling all cameras they produce?
Since the Nikon D70 seems to be a better choice at this time and it's cheaper I guess we have to see a 400D pretty soon.
Just my 2 kronor

Rhys
11-16-2004, 09:02 AM
New digital cameras come out every 12 months so each camera seems to be superceeded every 12 months or so. This means that 12 months after the 300D came out, we should expect a better version - more megapixels and more functions that does things better.

LoveOfSelene
11-16-2004, 06:36 PM
if im not wrong, i expect an replacement for the 300d before x'mas of 2005
thats just my guess tho, i could be wrong :p

~loveofselene

glennp
11-19-2004, 09:28 AM
The 300D was announce in Aug 2003 and available in Sept 2003 so we are at 14 months and counting. The annual PMA show in February (?) usually brings a slew of new product announcements. If a 300D successor is looming, this would probably be the venue for an announcement. If it was coming sooner, they would've announced it in time for the Christmas retail season.

I haven't seen (been paying attention) to rumors, so this is just pure conjecture on my part but I don't think Canon will up the resolution from 6MP on the entry level dSLR just yet (unless they really want to stick it to Nikon). I'd expect something akin full fledged 10D with performance enhancements to better match up with the D70 in a dRebel plastic body at the same $899/$999 suggested retail price point or $100 less.

halim
11-19-2004, 08:59 PM
Since the Nikon D70 seems to be a better choice at this time and it's cheaper I guess we have to see a 400D pretty soon.
Just my 2 kronor

D70 is cheaper there??..well certainly not in here..D70 with lens kit cost 11 millions here (US$ 1200) and 300D only 7,8-8 M (US$860-900)..so the gap is quite huge..

and that raised another questions..

1. which kinda sensor is better CCD or CMOS ??,from some material that i read,although not very conclusive,CCD is better although more expensive..is this true??

2. my bro just bought a sony DVD camcorder DCR201 from singapore and the price of electronic gagdet is much cheaper there..the DCR201 price here is about the same as a rebel (US$860),but he got it for US$600 there..see how a corrupt and byrocratic goverment can cost you.. :mad:.. i planned to go there soon and get my entry level d-SLR there..so i can have a broader option with the same budget..but one thing that bother me is that if i buy stuff for s'pore then the warranty isn't applicable in indonesia..and if i repair the camera to canon center here..they will extracharge and could decline it..i have purchased some point&shoot camera from abroad..and never get any kinda trouble..but d-SLR is much complex camera..plus i'm very new to SLR..so my question is..if i purchased a d-SLR and have tested all the functions..let's say it's ok..what is the chance of that it goes wrong in the future under normal usage??

3. i havent really get the meaning of the terms refurbished and remanufactured..help anyone??..and how can i tell that the stuff i bought is not one of them??

thanx.. :)

br3w0k
11-23-2004, 01:04 PM
your statement that Indonesian price is higher than Europe is not true. Europe generally has higher price than Indonesia because there are some VAT etc... especially UK. I pay my lense double price than in US... :mad:

halim
11-24-2004, 06:17 AM
your statement that Indonesian price is higher than Europe is not true. Europe generally has higher price than Indonesia because there are some VAT etc... especially UK. I pay my lense double price than in US... :mad:

Ok..i was wrong about the europe price..i'll take that back..and sorry..no need to be mad.. :) ..btw are you from indonesia or perhaps your parents??..your names seems like it..btw you have a nice site and great photos

mpop2002
11-25-2004, 08:56 PM
CMOS is better, it is considered to be the future of digital photography, Canon was the only manufacturer who chose to bite the bullet and switch to CMOS on its DSLR, it was risk at the time(1999) because it was very very new technology and untested, but Canon put the money into developing it and it is widely considered to be better quality and more expensive to make(look at the price of the 1ds Mark II) . Hope this helps

D70 is cheaper there??..well certainly not in here..D70 with lens kit cost 11 millions here (US$ 1200) and 300D only 7,8-8 M (US$860-900)..so the gap is quite huge..

and that raised another questions..

1. which kinda sensor is better CCD or CMOS ??,from some material that i read,although not very conclusive,CCD is better although more expensive..is this true??

2. my bro just bought a sony DVD camcorder DCR201 from singapore and the price of electronic gagdet is much cheaper there..the DCR201 price here is about the same as a rebel (US$860),but he got it for US$600 there..see how a corrupt and byrocratic goverment can cost you.. :mad:.. i planned to go there soon and get my entry level d-SLR there..so i can have a broader option with the same budget..but one thing that bother me is that if i buy stuff for s'pore then the warranty isn't applicable in indonesia..and if i repair the camera to canon center here..they will extracharge and could decline it..i have purchased some point&shoot camera from abroad..and never get any kinda trouble..but d-SLR is much complex camera..plus i'm very new to SLR..so my question is..if i purchased a d-SLR and have tested all the functions..let's say it's ok..what is the chance of that it goes wrong in the future under normal usage??

3. i havent really get the meaning of the terms refurbished and remanufactured..help anyone??..and how can i tell that the stuff i bought is not one of them??

thanx.. :)