PDA

View Full Version : Coolpix 5700 -started to distort the image

aska
03-26-2006, 07:14 PM
Hi.
I have a Coolpix 5700 that suddenly started to distort the image.
The colors are mixed and the image appears in an odd shape: distorted along vertical. I have attached a photo using the camera in this condition.
The same distorted image I can see both on LCD and through the electronic viewfinder.
All the functions of the camera apparently work well.
I add that I didn't drop or done any other wrong thing with the camera.

Thank you for your answer, I will appreciate your help.

Dragos

stouchton
04-07-2006, 07:17 AM
Hi,

I have no help, but I am trying to figure this out too.

I have noticed a couple threads on the web about this problem and they all started in March 2006. This has me thinking it is a firmware bug dealing with date and time.

Please let me know if you find out anything. I will be calling Nikon today and will share on this thread any info I get.

Scott

stouchton
04-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Spoke with Tech support at Nikon today and they recommended sending the camera back for service. Apparently this was the first time they have heard of such a situation.

So, mine is on its way and hopefully I will know in a week or 2 what has happened to it.

I will update the thread when I learn something new.

Scott

stouchton
04-12-2006, 07:24 AM
Apparently there is some measure of a "recall" on this problem with certain models. If you go to the tech support section of Nikon's webpage there is a message buried in there about this problem and free repair. The fellow I spoke with at tech support never mentioned this, and I sent the camera to the address he gave me. Unfortunately, cameras being sent for this particular problem go to a different department so I hope it finds its way there.

Gilad Rotem
04-13-2006, 04:17 AM
Hi
The same prob. with my coolpix 5700 , and on march as well.
Gilad

stouchton
04-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Checked the status of my camera today, and it is being fixed for free even though it is no longer under warranty. :)

oliversl
04-20-2006, 02:10 PM
wow, that extrange. But a nice effect :)

I have a 5900 and sometimes while recording a movie, I see color distortion. Like when there is a little less light, all image has a dark/green look.

Will try to post some examples.

Nice forum,
Oliver

rkguy
04-23-2006, 12:58 PM
I turned my 5700 on today after not using it for about 2 weeks and the images appear all smeared.
The only way I can think to describe it is...it's as if a wet paint brush has been stroked up and down over the image making it looks smeared (see attached samples).
I also tried 2 different types of CF cards.
When I transfer the images to my computer...they still look smeared.
I've tried zooming in and out and turning the camera on and off a number of times but it doesn't help.
I also noticed that the color on the view screens is off. For example if I'm shooting red flowers, they appear blue on the view screen...but as soon as I shoot them, they appear red.

Any idea what could be wrong and why it would do this out of the blue?

Attached are 2 examples:
DSCN8146.JPG is a shot of my living room, (a chair, TV and window)
DSCN8147.JPG is a shot of red flowers.

Where is the information in sending it in to be fixed for free? Someone said it's buried on the nikon site. Can you please post the URL?
Thanks

Please help
Thanks
Ryan

stouchton
04-24-2006, 08:06 AM
http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=13688&p_created=1127751253&p_sid=YCnVFQ5i&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfc m93X2NudD0yMDUmcF9wcm9kcz0xLDImcF9jYXRzPX5hbnl_JnB fcHY9Mi4yJnBfY3Y9MS5_YW55fiZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc 3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1

Buried hardly describes it!!!:eek:

stouchton
04-26-2006, 12:07 PM
:)

It made its way back home yesterday, and works great.

Noticed on the repair work it said "CCD Replaced"