PDA

View Full Version : BreezeBrowser Pro v1.4.2

WightWalker
03-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Am I missing something.

I've installed BreezeBrowser Pro v1.4.2 to see how it performs & was initially quite impressed with the RAW conversion in the browser window.

Selecting RAW Convert brings up an image which is TOTALLY different to the browser & no matter what I do, I cannot get it the RAW converted image to look anything like the browser image.

Anyone any ideas - or I'll just stick to PPL v2

astro
03-26-2006, 12:19 PM
The preview one looks slightly oversharpened.
Maybe there's some sharpening options in the program?

WightWalker
03-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Maybe there's some sharpening options in the program?

Yes there are - but as commented, nothing that I could do could produce a RAW converted image that matched the browser image.

Oversharp, maybe but the post processed control of sharpness is from 1 to 5 which still would not produce as sharp a processed image as the browser.

OK. I know (and do) can use Photoshop to post process but the question still is - why is the browser image so different from the RAW processed image.

WightWalker
03-29-2006, 07:33 AM
What camera are the raw files from?

If they are from a Canon camera the "As shot settings" will produce identical results to the preview as it uses the same Canon routines to convert the image as the camera.

If it is another make of camera the results may be slightly different as the raw conversion libraries are based on the open source DCRAW code.

So there you have it - Breezebrowser panders to the Canon brigade & the rest of have to take pot luck.

However, it doesn't explain why they are able to convert a Pentax RAW image to preview in the browser to a better level that that of the converted image.