PDA

View Full Version : Protecting my LCD Display

cRobinson
03-25-2006, 08:58 PM
I am planning on buying a new camera soon and am wondering about my options for protecting the LCD display. I had another camera that got bumped into somthing and busted the display. I plan on getting a new camera, and in addition to being much more careful I was wondering if there was any addition that could be added to possibly protect the display further, possibly another plastic protector attached to the outside. If there is such a thing where could I find it?

Thanks, all help greatly appreciated.

EdBoy
03-27-2006, 04:43 AM
I din't think anyones' ever manufactured anything specifically to do what you want to do, I guess it's a case of matching supply and demand.

However, if you want to make do they make see through screen covers with a sticky back for the hand-held commpiters, Psion & Palm Pilots that have touch sensitive screens. I'm sure that would do the job..... if that is seally what you want. I guess the best thing to do is be carefull and look after your kit!

JLV
03-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Digital Concepts (Sakar International) has a product called Digital Camera Universal Screen Protectors. It seens to be what was discribed in the above post.

propwash
03-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Lots of people have had some success with the screen protectors they sell for PDA's. This is one method you could use to try to protect your display.
Any of these protective screens, however, are not going to save the display if it is subjected to a sharp blow.

I'm not sure which cameras you are considering, but it might help if you get a camera with the foldable LCD on the back, so you could store the camera so that the display is not exposed. LCD's are fairly delicate components, but they should last a long time if treated properly.