PDA

View Full Version : What compact tripod to buy?

Dyeeo
03-20-2006, 02:35 AM
Hello, I just bought a Konica Minolta Maxxum 5d the other day and am enjoying it immensely. I am going on a trip to Japan next week and am hoping to get some night shots of the cityscape. For this, I know I need to get a tripod. The problem is, it has to be light and it has to be quick to put up and take down. I will be doing a lot of walking so the Tripod has to be small enough to fit in a backpack. Because Tokyo sidewalks are pretty darn crowded, I want to limit the time I need to set up and take down the tripod out as much as possible. So basically, what tripod would you experts recommend? Please keep in mind that I am a high school student so my budget is not exactly infinite (especially after buying the minolta!)

Thanks!

ktixx
03-20-2006, 06:39 AM
Hello, I just bought a Konica Minolta Maxxum 5d the other day and am enjoying it immensely. I am going on a trip to Japan next week and am hoping to get some night shots of the cityscape. For this, I know I need to get a tripod. The problem is, it has to be light and it has to be quick to put up and take down. I will be doing a lot of walking so the Tripod has to be small enough to fit in a backpack. Because Tokyo sidewalks are pretty darn crowded, I want to limit the time I need to set up and take down the tripod out as much as possible. So basically, what tripod would you experts recommend? Please keep in mind that I am a high school student so my budget is not exactly infinite (especially after buying the minolta!)

Thanks!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008BNZ3/sr=1-7/qid=1142861907/ref=sr_1_7/104-4376770-3332729?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=photo
It is not built like a tank, but it works great (9" to 43.5") and for $20.00 you can't beat it.