PDA

View Full Version : Dsc-t1, W1 Or P-100?

ecsmith0624
07-17-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm trying to decide between these three or whatever else is suggested. I'm currently using an Olympus C-2100 and love it and will keep it but it is just too dang big to carry around all the time. That's why I'm looking for something much smaller. Something that takes good pics, fits easily in my pocket for carrying out at night, to parties, to the beach, wherever I may roam. Please help. I really like the T1 alot due mainly to it's size, but the pics are no better to me than the P-100 or the W1 both of which are cheaper and just a little bit larger. So any and all help and suggestions is appreciated. Thanks!

John_Reed
07-17-2004, 03:57 PM
I'm trying to decide between these three or whatever else is suggested. I'm currently using an Olympus C-2100 and love it and will keep it but it is just too dang big to carry around all the time. That's why I'm looking for something much smaller. Something that takes good pics, fits easily in my pocket for carrying out at night, to parties, to the beach, wherever I may roam. Please help. I really like the T1 alot due mainly to it's size, but the pics are no better to me than the P-100 or the W1 both of which are cheaper and just a little bit larger. So any and all help and suggestions is appreciated. Thanks!
Since you like the Olympus C2100, you're used to shooting with a stabilized lens. One camera that carries that tradition forward in the pocket-sized arena is the Panasonic DMC-FX5, a 4 megapixel camera with optical image stabilization and a 3X zoom lens. Those who have them seem to like them a lot. The web-bottom price for one of them seems to be around $350; I think there's a review of the FX5 at http://www.steves-digicams.com

ecsmith0624
07-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the input. I do very much love my C-2100 and the image stabilization is a great tool, but for a camera with 3x optical zoom or less is this really much of a benefit? I know for 10x it's a HUGE benefit with my shaky hands, but for a point and shoot I wasn't really even concerned with image stab. Of course, I'll readily admit I'm far from a pro when it comes to digital cameras, which is why I'm here. My main concern is something I can readily throw in my pocket and have with me most anywhere, but that still will take really good pics. I figure I'll keep the C-2100 or upgrade sometime in the near future to another camera with a good optical zoom. This camera will be my "fun" camera to take to the beach, or out at night on the town, or to parties, etc.... I just can't do that with the C-2100 as it is pretty large. Thanks again though, as any and all input is greatly appreciated!