PDA

View Full Version : Punch by Punch Comparison: Who Kicks Who's Butt?

aidrein
03-13-2006, 10:53 PM
The Kodak P880 and the Fuji S9000 are in the same category compact SLR-like and have a similar price tag (P880 retails about $527, the S9000 at around $587). But here the similarity stops. The P880 is a very capable digital camera, but it is still very much a compact in build, speed and performance. However because of the many manual features it is a fine camera for the more demanding hobby photographer. The small size, light weight and 24 mm wide angle makes the P880 a pleasant travel companion. The S9000 has more aspirations to be a DSLR, but cannot live up to those standards. Speed and image quality (at high ISO) is much less and the absence of image stabilization, RAW and Adobe RGB make it no alternative for the semi-professional. The many features, large zoom range, good image quality at low ISO, however make it a very good choice for the amateur photographer, who doesn't want to go out with a bag full of accessories and heavy lenses.

How about you which do you think is the better one?
Thoughts welcome here.

AnalogueToDigital
03-14-2006, 05:42 AM
i would have thought it would be difficult to "KICK" butt if you are only throwing "PUNCHES"

Ishkabibble
03-14-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm not sure why you posted that question in this forum. This is a Pentax dSLR forum... the cameras you are asking about are neither Pentax nor dSLR. It's not that I wouldn't help you out, but you are asking a group of Pentax users about cameras that we aren't likely to be familiar with.

You might try the Kodak and Fuji specific forums, as you are likely to get more qualified responses. All I can do is go off spec, and I'm not eager to research those cameras to provide you a view that contains no real world experience with the units.

Good luck in your "kick butt" competition though. I wish you the best in your search for the best choice.

aidrein
03-14-2006, 07:08 PM
opps sorry I posted at the wrong forum, my mistake.