PDA

View Full Version : Canon S1 IS - True DVD Quality Movie !!!!

aeapen
10-26-2004, 03:04 AM
I converted few of my avi files taken from my Canon S1 IS (640X480Fine@30fps) to a DVD movie disk. Really surprised to see that clarity :eek: . The picture is very sharp and cristal clear sound. The picture is so sharp that nobody will believe that it was taken from a digital camera!!!! Though I had some few indoor movies which were dark and grainy were seems to be far far better in DVD movie. It is far better than .avi file. So I believe what canon said “DV quality movie for S1 IS” (if converted to DVD movie). Thanks Canon for this great product !!!!

Rhys
10-26-2004, 08:43 AM
I converted few of my avi files taken from my Canon S1 IS (640X480Fine@30fps) to a DVD movie disk. Really surprised to see that clarity :eek: . The picture is very sharp and cristal clear sound. The picture is so sharp that nobody will believe that it was taken from a digital camera!!!! Though I had some few indoor movies which were dark and grainy were seems to be far far better in DVD movie. It is far better than .avi file. So I believe what canon said “DV quality movie for S1 IS” (if converted to DVD movie). Thanks Canon for this great product !!!!

I put some videos and photos onto a vCD and brought it with me to America. The videos are indeed supurb although there is one that shows jpeg artifacts right at the end. I'm happy to use this camera for short video clips and for photos.

I printed some of the photos with a Canon i560 printer setting the printer to borderless and finest quality. I printed on glossy paper and at the full 8.5 x 11 size (US paper size). The results are phenomenal. I did detect a faint hint of purple fringing on sheep in a Welsh valley though.

aeapen
10-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Infact I saw those videos in my TV using my DVD player. Not in my PC. I've taken large size photos and framed it. Looks great for me. I prefer to record movies than photos, unless I see some good close up chances and other good views.

aeapen
11-10-2004, 01:15 AM
I have uploaded my first few photos taken with Canon S1 IS. Check the link below. Also shows the zoom capability - 10X, 32X.

http://aju6747.fotopic.net/c324113.html