PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card for Kodak DX7440

Frances
07-16-2004, 09:56 AM
I am purchasing this camera and need a memory card. I would like a 512MB. I'm new to digital so don't understand about CF, Ultra II, etc., but the manual does say this camera may not be compatible with Ultra II. I'd like to get the best product. Recommendations? Thanks!

Ray Schnoor
07-16-2004, 11:08 AM
First of all, the DX7440 takes SD/MMC cards, so all CF(compact flash) cards would be incompatible. Other than that I see no reason why a 512MB SD/MMC card wouldn't work.

Ray.

Frances
07-16-2004, 11:26 AM
Thank you, Ray. I did figure out the CF issue. Can you or anyone else recommend a particular brand?

Ray Schnoor
07-16-2004, 11:31 AM
I prefer either Sandisk or Lexar, but lately I have been sticking with Sandisk since they seem to be a little cheaper than Lexar.

Ray.

Nick
07-17-2004, 07:57 AM
I'm suggesting Sandisk too.

Jake Conner
07-17-2004, 07:23 PM
I'd suggest whatever's cheapest, as long as it's not "Mr. Flash" brand.

Jake

BuyDigitalMemory
07-18-2004, 10:10 AM
Our site carries several brands and provides a good way to compare prices.

We just added Lexar but that is not in our comparison yet.

SanDisk seems to be the best sellers.

http://www.BuyDigitalMemory.com

Jarrive
08-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Hello guys.
I am looking for a digital cam ...i found Kodak Dx7440. I love it and it seems resonable at 300$. But...i really need some help. I am a newbie at digital cams. A friend of mine recomended Canon A75 because it has ISO 50 and Kodak has ISO 80. It said that the pictures with ISo 80 are worst that ISO 50. What should i do?
Please answer me. Thanks

Ray Schnoor
08-02-2004, 12:28 PM
If the only difference you are worried about in these 2 cameras is the difference between ISO50/80, I would go with the camera you like better. I don't think that you would be able to notice much difference between the 2 ISO values.

There are other differences which lean towards the Kodak, such as 4MP v 3.2 MP, 4X zoom v 3X zoom.

I think that Canon cameras generally have better photo quality than the Kodak cameras, but that is personal opinion, and I am sure that for every person that thinks that way, you will find someone else that thinks the opposite.

Finally, as I have always said, you won't use a camera that you don't like. Since you have stated that you "love" the Kodak, it seems to me that the choice should be obvious.

speaklightly
08-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Ray-

Read the reviews. The Kodak DX-7440 has received great reviews for digital photo quality. In addition to that, the Kodak DX-7440 somewhat larger, but very reasonably priced-around $275.

Sarah Joyce

Ray Schnoor
08-11-2004, 06:04 AM
Read what in the reviews? I said nothing denigrating the photo quality of the Kodak DX7440, just that "in my personal opinion, I like" the Canon's photos to the Kodak. I also stated that there are probably just as many people that "like" Kodak's photo quality to the Canon. Lastly, I also said that you would be most happy with the camera "you" (or any user for that matter) felt most comfortable using and still stand by all of these statements. You might also notice that I did recommend the Kodak at the end of my post.

D70FAN
08-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Read what in the reviews? I said nothing denigrating the photo quality of the Kodak DX7440, just that "in my personal opinion, I like" the Canon's photos to the Kodak. I also stated that there are probably just as many people that "like" Kodak's photo quality to the Canon. Lastly, I also said that you would be most happy with the camera "you" (or any user for that matter) felt most comfortable using and still stand by all of these statements. You might also notice that I did recommend the Kodak at the end of my post.

Ray, this is the only review I could find:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/dx7440.html

Stick to your guns. IMNSHO You are right.