PDA

View Full Version : Z500 for 170 or Z600 for 205, which 1 shall I get please?

andyloc
03-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Hi there

I am after upgrading my digi cam and love the look of the Exilim range, I am a basic user who never goes off the "Easy" switch. I like the look of the "Best Shot" stuff on Exilim though and think I will use this.

...so I have been looking around and here in the UK I can get a Exilim Z500 for 170, or the new Z600 for 205.

Which should I get, obviously it will probabaly be the Z600 as its new and has 1MP more etc etc, but for the proce difference is it worth it?

...also what are the other differences between the Z500 and Z500 apart from the %MP and ^MP difference?

hope you can help
cheers
Andy

andyloc
03-04-2006, 02:46 PM
cant belive no -one has replied, I bought the Z600 anyway

sheppy124
03-07-2006, 04:27 AM
Beat me to it, I would have also looked at the s600 and z750, as the s600 has mpeg4 video and z750 because its a great camera just in automatic and the price at ebuyer uk at the moment £183 including del. I often look in on this forum but the main casio owners seem to go to dpreview.com. However this isnt a bad one just need more posters. Though I am interested in the z600s 3 sec flash aspect. Anyway enjoy the camera sure you will be pleased with it, casio do a great range of cameras that are often missed.

adamsfamily
03-08-2006, 08:02 AM
[QUOTE= I often look in on this forum but the main casio owners seem to go to dpreview.com. However this isnt a bad one just need more posters. Though I am interested in the z600s 3 sec flash aspect. Anyway enjoy the camera sure you will be pleased with it, casio do a great range of cameras that are often missed.[/QUOTE]

No wonder there aren't many "posters"

Have you read the first thread on this forum.... doesn't bode well for Casio!! Not sure where you guys are from, but if the service in the UK is as described on that thread, I may well steer clear!!

Im torn between a Panasonic and a Casio!!
Love the features of the Casio, the scene selector seems fantastic, although I would prefer a bigger zoom, (hence the Panasonic) but I reall y need to think about the reliability issues people seem to have had... aside you two folks!

sheppy124
03-08-2006, 08:36 AM
No wonder there aren't many "posters"

Have you read the first thread on this forum.... doesn't bode well for Casio!! Not sure where you guys are from, but if the service in the UK is as described on that thread, I may well steer clear!!

Im torn between a Panasonic and a Casio!!
Love the features of the Casio, the scene selector seems fantastic, although I would prefer a bigger zoom, (hence the Panasonic) but I reall y need to think about the reliability issues people seem to have had... aside you two folks!

All the bad service, I have read has been on the us side, rather than europe side, especially the new jersey branch seems to be the main offender. The z750 intially had lense error problems due to the gears, however it appears to be related to firmware 1.00 models or very early 1.01 but pursume there is still some floating around in some shops/online retailers, anything higher or the grey looking ones seem to be okay (mines been fine) and a few tips of disabling extra power on buttons to stop it turning on by accident in a case, though casio should take any lens errors ones back and fix them, the cracked lcd screens a bit of grey area, as to how it was cracked, by misuse or unit failure. With the arrival of the z850 that appears to only have a few upgrades and replaces the z750 I pursume that casio has listened to people to have kept the basic format of the z750 just to tweak a few things, as the z750 imo is a very good cam. Will have to wait and see. Also looked at the panasonic good brand, Theres just so many cameras on the market now its had to make a choice, but opted for the casio in the end, menu system really easy to use, mpeg4 video and the best shot mode plus the ability to set up your own bestshot mode. Would have a look over dpreview.com as theirs a big panasonic group on there as well.

adamsfamily
03-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Also looked at the panasonic good brand, Theres just so many cameras on the market now its had to make a choice, but opted for the casio in the end, menu system really easy to use, mpeg4 video and the best shot mode plus the ability to set up your own bestshot mode. Would have a look over dpreview.com as theirs a big panasonic group on there as well.

Thanks for clearing up the service issue, hopefully the UK are a little more pleasing on this side....

I'll nip over the other site and have a nose on that forum too.

You're right though,
There are way too many cameras, and most do the same as the next with a couple of extra features, better settings or better at different light levels!!
Totally confusing really, but it's thanks to sites like this one that we have half a chance to help make up our minds, but still it's difficult!

At the moment though, the Panasonic is winning simply on zoom, if there was a Casio with high zoom, god only knows which I'd go for!

deanos
03-09-2006, 03:02 PM
My old Casio went in for repair last year was sent to Casio,London via my local Currys as thats where i bought it and was returned within 10 days, it did go to Casio and not Mastercare as it had the Casio paperwork in the box , hope that helps

adamsfamily
03-10-2006, 02:07 AM
Thanks Deanos, looks like they've got it right this side of the pond then!!!