PDA

View Full Version : FZ10 in cold weather

cheemoon
10-24-2004, 08:32 PM
I am planning for a holiday next month. Of course I am bringing my FZ10 along. The weather is expected to be 0C (32F) to 10C (50F). As this is the first time my FZ10 is experiencing such low temp., I would appreciate if you all can share your experiences in term of the camera jamming/performance, battery life/charging problem, etc..

Thanks & Best Regards
cheemoon

John_Reed
10-24-2004, 09:37 PM
I am planning for a holiday next month. Of course I am bringing my FZ10 along. The weather is expected to be 0C (32F) to 10C (50F). As this is the first time my FZ10 is experiencing such low temp., I would appreciate if you all can share your experiences in term of the camera jamming/performance, battery life/charging problem, etc..

Thanks & Best Regards
cheemoonMy only negative experience, and it was in colder weather than you're describing (~ -5C), was that the battery seems to show less charge when it gets colder. When I'd bring the camera back into a warm place, it would "revive;" this led me to believe that an external battery pack that you could plug into the camera and wear the pack in your pocket, would be a good thing.

cheemoon
10-26-2004, 10:22 PM
John, thanks for yr advice.

Regards
cheemoon