PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with blue photos taken with FZ3

alanhill
10-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Panasonic FZ3 and unfortunately this weekend I took several photos with the halogen setting (light bulb) and they all came out heavily saturated in blue. I can't seem to be able to remove this successfully with the supplied ArcSoft applications.

The photo's were taken at an auction this weekend (my girlfriends parents were successful in bidding for it). I have over 10 photos with this problem.

Could someone assist me with fixing the photos as they are very important to me (I was only able to retake 1 photo with the auto setting for comparison).

I couldn't attach the photos as they were too large, however if someone could contact me at alanhill1977@hotmail.com, I would be happy to provide them to you.

Thanks in advance,
Alan

judge9847
10-24-2004, 07:17 AM
I recently purchased a Panasonic FZ3 and unfortunately this weekend I took several photos with the halogen setting (light bulb) and they all came out heavily saturated in blue. I can't seem to be able to remove this successfully with the supplied ArcSoft applications.
Hi Alan ... I've been there too. One glorious afternoon, sunshine and everything, I took my grandson up to the top of the local lighthouse and had a spectacular view across the English Channel right on to the coast line of Northern France. And I'd done exactly the same thing (but with my FZ10).

I managed to correct some of the colouring with Paint Shop Pro but sad to say, I couldn't get rid of it all. I also tried with Photoshop Elements V2 with much the same results. I don't think you're going to get anywhere near even that with the supplied software: you're going to need the "heavyweights" to do that I feel.

The bottom line is that although the modern photography suites are really sensational with what they can do to an image, if the original is "faulty" in some way, they can't get round it completely.

I'm sure you can improve your photos but probably not too much with your supplied software and definitely not rescue them completely, no matter what you use. Sorry about that :(

Nytmair
10-24-2004, 09:19 AM
I'm kind of confused... what actually cuased the blue-hue on the photos? Was it just the lighting setting? or was it a problem/defect with the camera? :confused:

-Dan