PDA

View Full Version : FZ15 vs. FZ20

steelwinky
10-23-2004, 08:48 PM
I am planning on buying one of the two cameras listed above and have never owned a digital camera. I am so tired of hearing and reading so many different opinions about megapixels.

Heres my question.

Do I need to spend the extra 100 clams to get the 5mp fz20 vs. the 4 mp fz 15?

I do not ever plan on printing a photo over 8x10.

jbar
10-23-2004, 10:11 PM
You can get by with the FZ 15. There are a few additional features on the FZ 20 like the ability to hotshoe an additional flash. I got the FZ 20 two weeks ago and am still learning the camera but have been very happy with the purchase. You really can't go wrong with either.

steelwinky
10-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Thanks jbar. The only real differences I found, aside from the 1 mp difference, is the hot shoe and some movie mode issues. Since I am not buying for the movie or audio capablilities, that doesn't matter.

I've never had the opportunity to view photos taken with 4 vs. 5 mp. What I'm afraid of is that I'll go with the 4mp camera because I am cheap, and then wish I'd have spent the extra $ for the 5mp down the road.

John_Reed
10-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Thanks jbar. The only real differences I found, aside from the 1 mp difference, is the hot shoe and some movie mode issues. Since I am not buying for the movie or audio capablilities, that doesn't matter.

I've never had the opportunity to view photos taken with 4 vs. 5 mp. What I'm afraid of is that I'll go with the 4mp camera because I am cheap, and then wish I'd have spent the extra $ for the 5mp down the road.I don't really think you'll miss that "extra" 1MP that much. I've printed great 8x10s (and larger) from my 2MP FZ1 images; I regard the 4MP of my FZ10 as more "cropping room;" 5MP would give you even more of that, but it also raises your memory requirements, reduces how many photos you can take on a card, and slows down the camera a little (FZ15 burst: 4 frames/sec; FZ20 burst: 3 frames/sec - shutter lag .06s vs .08s). I played with an FZ15 today at a local Fry's Electronics store, and I was quite impressed.