PDA

View Full Version : FZ15 Question

Farro Lotfi
10-23-2004, 09:55 AM
Hi All,

I just bought a FZ15 and while taking pictures I've noticed the Jiter alert icon appears on the LCD every time I shoot (I have the image stablization on). Now, I've tried using tripod but still the Jiter alert comes on. Are all you other FZ15 owners seeing the same thing? Is this normal? If so, then that icon is pointless if it's going to come on everytime you take a picture. From reading the manual the purpose of the icon is if shaking is detected then it should come on.

Thanks,
Farro

Nytmair
10-23-2004, 10:11 AM
when you're taking pictures, are you in low light situations? (indoors...nightime...etc.) or are you outside where you have a very fast shutter speed?

Personally I don't own one of these, but i've used an fz20 in the stores and i got the icon as well, but that is becuase the shutter speed was slow, down around 1/20th of a second.

surething
10-23-2004, 10:52 AM
The jitter icon simply warns you of the posibility of camera shake. as far as i know it shows up only in low shutter speeds. The IS will do its work, but keep in mind that IS is not a solution for subject motion blur! this warning massage could be usefull to indicate to the user their is a possibiliy of getting blury photos either from camera shake or subject blur. Hope this is clear to you

Farro Lotfi
10-23-2004, 10:54 AM
Thanks very much for the info. I just tried it now and it difinitly has to do with the light situation. During daylight the icon doesn't come up any more.

Thanks Again,
Farro

Nytmair
10-23-2004, 12:52 PM
cool, thanks for posting that, now I'll know when i get my fz20 :)

-Dan